(Chapter 8)Duel of the roommates

(Chapter 8)
Duel of the roommates

~*~
Author POV

Jimin was buzzing with energy. He had just received the call that he would be moving into the dorms tomorrow.

Apparently the others were in the trainee dorms currently but all together they would now be moving into the debuting dorms.

Jimin had rapidly packed. But they had informed them all to meet at the new dorm they would be sharing so that they could decide who would room with who so it would be simpler for the moving companies.

Jimin pulled on an over sized jumper and skinny jeans, some simple trainers on his feet. Making sure the wing dye was even and wouldn't wear away he made his way to the front door. Giving a wave to his parents and brother on his way out.

He was practically running down the street in excitement. Everything was coming together perfectly, his dream was slowly becoming a reality. The streets were already beginning to bustle with people on their way to work. He was sidestepping between people they barely paid him much attention aside from the occasional grumble if he came too close.

He was following google maps as he navigated his way through Seoul's streets. He was only half paying attention to his surroundings. People passed as unnoticed blurs.

He had been informed that the new dorm was about 15 minutes away from the Bighit Entertainment building. The company had bought out the whole building and were using it to house the soon to be debuted idols.

The air was surprisingly cool despite it being summer. Jimin was thankful to be wearing his hoodie. It was warm against the chill but thin enough so he wouldn't overheat if the sun heat became stronger.

He was standing beside a zebra crossing waiting for the cars to stop so he could cross.

"Jimin-ah" huh? He turned on the spot, eyebrows furrowed. He had heard his name but it could have been someone elses as well. But soon he spotted Taehyung casually strolling towards him.

"Taehyung-ah" he greeted his new friend. Pocketing his phone he crossed the road to greet his friend.

Waiting till Jimin reacted Taehyung's side they began to walk. Jimin had a slight bounce in his step, while Taehyung just watched him with an amused expression. The excitement that Jimin was obviously trying to contain made him cute in the eyes of the younger. Reminding him of a child who had received the best birthday present.

"Have you seen the new building yet?" Jimin asked Taehyung.
"I have seen it yes but I haven't been inside. It is relatively close to the trainee dorms where I am currently living." Taehyung responded.

They lapsed into a comfortable silence. Taehyung leading the way.

"Did you not just want to go from your dorm to the new one straight away?" Jimin asked. If what Taehyung said was true why would he be here about 20 minutes way from the dorms.