*Mistakes (Loki x Reader)*

*SMUT*

Loki, God of Mischief. During his attack on New York he managed to kill 80 people. One of them being your mother, your anchor. She had been with you through it all. She supported you no matter what. When you wanted to enlist in the military she let you and when you were discharged she was still there for you.

When you left the Marines you began to work as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent. Your current assignment was to watch over Loki, who was being held at the Avengers base. The assignment was perfect. You could finally get revenge on Loki for taking away your only family.

If any of the Avengers found out about your mother's death they probably wouldn't let you watch him. And they shouldn't. When you got the chance, you were going to kill him. It didn't matter that you might go to jail or get fired. He deserved it, and you were going to serve the justice your mother and all his other victims deserved.

Monday rolled around and you arrived on the base. Loki would be held in a room made of see-through electric walls. Even if he tried, he wouldn't be able to escape. You were in control of the wall. If you wished, the walls could be lowered. Eventually, you would lower them. Not for Loki to leave, but for you to enter.

You sat with your feet lounging on the desk in front of the "cage." Loki was standing in the middle, watching you. You weren't going to give him the satisfaction of speaking to him. Hell, you avoided looking at him.

Hours passed by silently and you left your post. You had the surveillance cameras hooked up to your phone so you could watch him while you were away. You slipped into bed in the room you were assigned and went to sleep, thinking of your plans.

The next morning was just as uneventful as the previous day. It wasn't until noon that something happened. Instead of standing in the middle of the room, Loki approached the wall nearest you and spoke, "You seem to disdain me more than your fellow Avengers. I don't recall ever doing anything to you. I would remember seeing such a beautiful face."

You ignored his comment and turned your face away from his smirking one. You were told he had a knack for getting under peoples' skin.

"You want to be silent? Very well. I'll admire you from a distance then." He returned to the middle of the room but continued to watch you with a thin-lipped smile. Despite yourself, you couldn't help but wonder if his legs ached from standing so long.

As Loki said, he didn't bother you for the rest of the week. You kept your mouth shut and tried to avoid his gaze the whole time. There was an incident when you were coming back from getting lunch and happened to glance at him, already looking at you. He seemed to find pleasure in the quick turn of your head when your eyes met. No doubt, just as the other Avengers promised, he was trying to get under your skin. You were used to having people scrutinize your every move, but what Loki was doing felt different.

To your dismay, when you returned to your desk the following Monday, Loki decided he wanted to bother you.

"It's terribly lonely in here. Why don't you join me?" He knew you weren't going to answer but he still prodded you. "What's wrong dear? Afraid I bite? I promise it's only lightly."

You gave him a cold scowl and returned to the book you were reading.

"You enjoy reading? Do enlighten me on the title," he asked. Unlike the way he was speaking previously, he seemed genuinely curious to know. Who knew a god would be interested in books?

Even though you told yourself you wouldn't utter a word to him, you decided to tell him what you were reading. "Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare."

He responded only with a hum, as if he was thinking it over. You raised your eyebrows, expecting him to say more about your sudden inclination to speak to him. He didn't say anything else though, and returned to look into your eyes with a searing intensity.