Chapter 27

Chapter twenty-seven

After the horrible day in school, I picked up the twins – who were still asleep – from Sara, their babysitter, and drove home.

On the way, I saw Shane waking up. “Where am I?” he asked.

“We’re going home sweetie,” I smiled.

“But we were watching Bolt!” he exclaimed with an angry look across his face.

“Shh, you’ll wake Shania up,” I whispered.

“I don’t care!” he yelled stubbornly and crossed his arms across his chest. “I want to go back and watch Bolt with Holly!”

“Holly?” I asked. My interest levels rose up.

“Yeah, she was there too,” he said shyly.

“She fell asleep,” I said and parked the car in our drive way. “And so did you and Shania.”

“Noo!” he exclaimed with remorse.

I got out of my car and opened the back door for Shane to get out. “Maybe next time, Shay,” I winked.

He blushed as he hopped out of the car and ran inside the house. I chucked and carefully carried Shania in my arms, her head resting on my neck. I locked the car with the automatic keys and walked into the house.

With Shania in one arm, I walked into the kitchen and heard dad talking on the phone. “I’m always happy to help” he said into the phone. He was sitting at the dining table. It was a piece of furniture that no one really used for dining.

I took out a mango juice box for me from the fridge and waited for dad to disconnect the phone so that I could ask him who he was talking to. His reply would obviously be ‘a client’ but I’d ask him anyway.

He hung up the phone and took Shania from my arms. “Who were you talking to?” I asked curiously.

“Daniel,” he said - almost with pride, “he’s a great kid.”

“Why?” I asked suspiciously.

“He wanted a tour of a real life set, to see what shooting is like,” he said.

“And how does that make him a great kid?” I asked, my tone of voice had a hint of jealousy.

“Because he wants to get into the production line,” he said and then gave me a pointed look, “Something you wouldn’t do.”

“Dad, I told you!” I said with an eye-roll, “I’m not into the production line.”

“What about acting?” he asked.

“I gave it a try remember” I said and sat down next to him. “The director told you to keep me away from him because I was that horrible.”

“Maybe you’ve improved,” he said with a little bit of hope.

I sighed and looked him in the eye and said, “I don’t want to be a producer, and I’m more into the hotel industry.”

“Who’s going take over the business after I pass away?” he asked me in an almost serious tone.

I lightly punched his shoulders and said, “Don’t say that. And even if that happens, you have Shane and Shania.”

“They’re too young,” he complained.

“Dad!” I whined and pouted.

“Fine,” he sighed.

My eyes turned to Shania who seemed to be mumbling something. “What is she saying?” I asked dad.

“I have no idea,” he stated and kissed her forehead.

Her mumbles seemed to get more audible. She kept mumbling ‘no’ over and over again. Soon she started sobbing. I looked at dad worried. He got up and started pacing. He rocked Shania slightly and whispered calming words – I’m assuming – into her ears.

“She’s fine now,” he reassured me.

I gave him a tiny smile and walked in the television room.

The movie I was watching ended so I decided to do my homework. When I reached upstairs I saw that Shane was entering my room. I snuck up behind him and closed his eyes with my palms. “Guess who,” I said in a high pitched voice.

“Sara?” he asked confused.

“No!” I said with my normal voice and kissed his cheek, “it’s me!”

“Stacey!” he exclaimed and wiped the kiss I had just placed a few seconds ago.

“Why are you in my room, kid?” I asked and sat on my soft bed.

“I wanna ask you something,” he said softly.

“Ask me what?” I asked confused and patted the space beside me on my bed.

He walked slowly and climbed on the bed. “What is it, Shay?” I asked him.

“I wanna tell someone that I like ‘em buh I don’t know how” he mumbled and looked at me wide-eyes expectedly.

“Well it depends” I told him, “is it a boy or a girl?”

I knew the answer to this one already, but I wanted to hear him say it. “Girl,” he blushed and he played with his fingers.

“Oooh,” I exclaimed happily and kissed all over his cheek, “you’re becoming a big boy.”

“Don’t do kissy,” he said and wiped his cheek for the second time. Maybe he’s growing up too soon, I thought, he used to like me kissing his face before.

I chuckled and said, “Well who is she?”

“Holly,” he said in a conspiracy tone.

“She’s a lovely girl,” I grinned.

“Help me, pweese,” he said and used his puppy dog eyes look.

“All right, well you should first give her a tiny gift and tell her that you like her,” I told him.

“How tiny?” he asked interested.

“Chocolates should do the trick,” I smiled.

“Are you suwer?” he asked, uncertain

“If a boy gave me chocolates and told me that he liked me, I would be really happy,” I grinned.

“Thank you, Stacey,” he said and kissed my cheek, “you’re the best sista in the whole wilde world”.

“Aww, thank you,” I grinned.

He smiled at me and ran out of my room. I chuckled at sat at my desk and started doing my homework.

_______________________________________________

Was that adorable or what?

Comment on your thoughts please!

Comments and Votes are much needed.

My university starts soon so I can't promise you that I'll upload on time but I will upload! I might choose a new day for uploads. I'll let you know soon because I still need to sort out my timetable.

Comment please!

Vote too.

Fb-like and RT it :) x

ox

Skye ♥

~ Writing Tales of Love and Heartbreak ♥ ~