Chapter 39

This chapter is dedicated to the birthday girl! :)

May I say, the previous chapter was a little fun to write *giggles*

___________________________________________

Chapter thirty-nine

I tossed around and felt a softer bed, softer than the one the kidnappers kept me on. A softer bed? That was strange. Maybe he shifted us to a better bed. Maybe whatever the deal was with dad is done and he’s coming to pick me up. My feet didn’t feel restricted. I felt someone caress my back. I let out a tiny whimper, but I didn’t protest. He would do bad things to Holly, Shane or me if I did.

“It’s okay,” I heard a whisper in my ear and the caress got softer. The voice sounded like dad.

I opened my eyes and realised that I was probably on the couch in front of our TV, on dad’s lap. I tossed so that I was looking up at him. “I’m home?” I asked confused. Maybe this was a dream.

He smiled and said, “yes, you’re home.”

I tried to sit up, but I found no energy to do so. “Bu-but I was handcuffed to the bed,” I mumbled confused.

“You’re home now. You’re safe,” he reassured me.

“I’m not safe here!” I panicked, “they kidnapped us from home.”

“They won’t kidnap you again,” he said soothingly and brushed my hair with his fingers. “I took care of it.”

“How? Why did they kidnap me in the first place?” I asked him, feeling a tiny bit relaxed.

“I was about to sign a movie deal about LibeRebels. They’re a gang that are responsible for several bomb attacks. It was a movie exposing them,” dad explained.

“But why did they kidnap me?” I asked.

“They did it so that I wouldn’t sign the official contract to start the project,” he said.

“How is Holly?” I asked.

“She’s good. She’s at home with her family. Today we’re going to spend time as a family,” he smiled and kissed my forehead.

“Where’s Shane and Shania?” I asked while looking around.

“They’re in their rooms playing,” he told me.

“Can we not stay here?” I asked feeling insecure.

“Why?” he asked.

“I don’t want to stay here anymore, please!” I begged.

He pulled me up from my sleeping position and hugged me. “It’s gonna be fine, Stace,” he said soothingly.

I cried into him and said, “I don’t wanna be here. I don’t feel safe anymore.”

“Do you wanna go live in a hotel for a while?” he asked me. I nodded. He kissed my forehead and said, “Why don’t you take a bath and then pack your things while I go pack the twin’s things.”

I nodded and tried to stand up but I felt weak. I did get up though and I slowly walked out of the hall and climbed up the stairs and into my room. I picked out long loose denim jeans, to cover up my scars, and a simple black t-shirt.

As the water filled up in the tub, I slowly peeled off my clothes and threw it in the basket of dirty clothes. Dad asked me to leave to door unlocked so after I went into the tub, I pulled the shower curtains to hide me.

When the water touched my skin, it started stinging. My legs hurt so much. Why did he have to slash it?

I was alone now, I let the tears pour out, and let myself feel pain. I felt broken. I didn’t want to go anywhere. I just wanted to stay in a room where no one could hurt me. Home wasn’t safe anymore, I was kidnapped from home. I couldn’t stay here anymore.

There was a knock at the door. “Stace?” dad asked unsure, “Are you okay in there, princess?”

“Yes,” I answered hesitantly. I took the soap bar and used it all over my body, in attempt to make me feel clean again. I rinsed myself and walked out of the bathroom after wiping myself and changing clothes.

I packed a few more clothes, and some undergarments too, into a tiny backpack and went into the living room where dad and the twins were. I saw Shania there and ran to her and hugged her. “I missed you!” I told her.

She giggled and said, “I miss you too.”

“Ready to go?” dad asked.

I nodded and said, “more than ready.”

He smiled, carried my bag, and walked out of the house. I caught Shane and Shania’s hand and walked out of the house. I sat in the front seat of the car while the twins sat in the back.

“Where are we going?” Shania asked confused.

“A hotel,” dad told them, “we’ll live there for sometime.”

“Okay!” Shane said enthusiastically, “will it be another adwentuwer?”

Dad chuckled and said, “Maybe, but a very small adventure.”

“Small is good,” Shane mused. I bursted out laughing. He sounded so experienced, the way he said it.

“Small is very good,” dad said with a smile in his voice.

Dad stopped the car. I looked out of my window and realized that we had arrived at our destination. There was a big sign that read “Hotel La Villa Des Artistes.

“Is this place pricy?” I asked dad, I didn’t want him to spend a lot of money if we’re going to live here for long.

“It doesn’t matter,” he smiled, “if you want to stay out of the house, we’re going to stay somewhere good.” I gave him a grateful smile and got out of the car. I opened the door of the backseat and the twins came out.

“Are we at the hotel?” Shania asked. I nodded.

“Why don’t you wait inside while I pay the valet?” dad suggested.

I nodded and held my hand out to the twins. “Let’s go,” I said.

They caught my hand and together we entered the grand lobby. “Are we gonna be here forever?” Shania asked me curiously.

I looked at her and said, “I hope so.”

“Mommy lives here in hotel?” she asked.

I sat her down on one of the lush red sofas and asked, “Why are you asking?”

“Because you said mommy’s coming soon. She here?” she asked.

“No, Shania, she’s not here. She doesn’t live here. She lives far away. She’ll come soon to see us,” I told them, “Then she’ll live with us forever.”

“Does she know this is our new home?” she asked.

“Umm no,” I answered confused.

“Buh how will we ever see her if we live here?” Shania whined. I thought about it. Maybe she had a tiny point. What if mommy came home but there was no one there?

“Okay, we’ll stay here for a little while. And then we’ll go home,” I said reluctantly. She grinned and kissed my cheek.

I didn’t want to go home no matter how many things I’m leaving behind. I don’t feel safe there anymore. The only thing pulling me there is Benjamin. 

_____________________________________

Do you like this 1146 word chapter? Do ya? Comment beloww then :)

Sorry for the delay in uploading :)

ox

Skyler ♥