Chapter 23

Comments and Votes are appreciated :)

___________________________________________________

Chapter twenty-three

I woke up to the sound of constant bell ringing. “Ugh!” I quietly groaned and carefully got up from the bed. I took one last look at Shane, Shania and Holly who were sleeping on my bed and went to open the door.

As I casually walked down the stairs – while ignoring the continuously bell – I tied my hair up in a messy bun and straightened my pyjama tank top and shorts from last night.

I opened the door and saw the guy who was kissing me last night standing on my front porch with freshly plucked flowers. I looked behind him and saw an irritated Ben.

“What do you want?” I asked while my voice was still groggy.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized sincerely, “I didn’t know what happened to me last night.”

“Of course you didn’t, you were drunk,” Ben interrupted, annoyed.

The guy handed me the flowers, perhaps daffodils. “I don’t want them,” I told him as I watched the dirt fall down piece by piece from the flower onto the floor.

“I said I was sorry!” he whined, “I promise I would never do that to anyone.”

“I still don’t want those,” I pointed at the flower.

“Great!” Ben exclaimed, “mom’s gonna kill me for that.”

I sighed and said, “Let’s bury it back.”

“Does that mean you forgive me?” the guy asked.

I shrugged and said, “Sure.”

“Awesome!” he said and hugged me.

“You like touching, don’t you,” I muttered as he got off me.

“Kinda,” he grinned.

“Is Holly still asleep?” Ben asked me.

“Yeah she is,” I smiled.

“Should I take her now?” he asked.

“Nah, let them sleep,” I said, “The twins will wake up in like half an hour.”

“Fine,” he sighed and followed me out of my house and towards his.

The guy extended his hand out to me and said, “I’m Daniel Gates, Ben’s best friend.”

I shook his hands and said, “I’m Stacey Davis, his neighbour.”

He gave me a surprised look and said “I finally get to meet you.”

“Finally?” I questioned.

“Yeah! Ben talks about you a lot,” he said and stressed on ‘a lot’.

I tried to act unmoved by what he just said. “Really?” I asked.

“Totally,” Daniel grinned.

We reached Ben’s house and he told us to go to the backyard while he searched for something to dig a hole with. Daniel and I slowly walked to Ben’s backyard. He sat next to the daffodils patch which had a hole in it and started digging with his hands.

“Wait till Ben gets a shovel or something,” I said.

“I can do it with my hands,” he replied, “wanna join me?”

“No, thanks,” I said, “It’ll go in my nails.”

He turned to me and smirked, “you’re worried about your nails? Typical girl!”