Chapter 18

[Ben’s point of view]

I watched as she walked towards Ryan. “She’s hot,” Rocky commented from beside me.

“Shut up,” I muttered. I watched her laugh about something with Ryan, as they walked towards their classes.

“Great kisser too,” Rocky grinned, “You gotta admit that.”

“She is great,” I grinned.

“And how hard are you crushing on her?” Rocky smirked.

“Dude, knock it off,” I said, while giving him a shut-up look.

“Admit it,” he grinned and then started singing, “You like her.”

“Maybe I do,” I bit my lip.

“Ben and Stacey sitting on a tree,” he started singing, “K-I-S-S-I-N-G!”

“Grow up,” I muttered, wishing he could just shut up. Stacey probably didn’t feel anything. To her, it was probably just a kiss. She probably kissed a lot because she was wonderful. To me, the kiss was amazing. She was so gentle, unlike Sabrina. Her lips were soft and not sticky – she didn’t wear lip gloss.

“You’re thinking about her, aren’t you?” Rocky chuckled.

“Maybe,” I blushed.

“Wow, even Sabrina didn’t get you to blush,” Rocky mentioned while he took off his jersey.

“She probably did,” I said, defending Sabrina.

“Dude, you need to get over Sabrina, she doesn’t deserve you,” Rocky said, while searching for a spare shirt in his gym bag.

“I know,” I sighed, “I just don’t wanna use Stacey in the process.”

“You won’t be using her if you already like her,” Rocky pointed out.

“What if she doesn’t like me back?” I asked him.

“Dude, she thought you were a good kisser!” he said.

 “I think I better go to class,” I said.

“Dude you’re always late to class,” he chuckled.

“I’ll go wash up. I’m a teacher now,” I grinned.

“Sure, and if Stacey’s in your class, you better be decent. No one needs another teacher-student relationship,” he poked.

“Dude, nothing is gonna happen between us,” I said.

“If you’re worried about Ryan, I can take care of him for you,” he said, while cracking his knuckles.

I chuckled and said, “They’re not really together, just pretending. I’ll think about me and Stacey.”

“Seeing her in your dreams?” he asked.

“Of course not,” I lied. I did dream of her occasionally.

I entered the class. “Nice of you to finally join us,” Mr. Sanchez said.

“I was caught up with something,” I told him.

“Or someone!” I heard Shaun yell.

“Wassup!” I yelled at him.

“Long time, dude!” he yelled back.

“Now that you have acquainted yourself with your friends, Mr. McKenzie, I would like to start the class,” Mr. Sanchez said.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized.

“Hand out these papers,” he said and handed me a set of papers.

I took the paper and handed it to my friends. I got a couple of smiles, grins, blushes – surprisingly from Stacey too – and pats on the back.

“Why don’t you start off the class, Mr. McKenzie?” Mr. Sanchez asked.

“We’re gonna talk about Metamorphic rocks?” I asked him. He nodded and urged me to continue. “Some examples of metamorphic rocks are marble and slate. They’re formed because of volcanic activity”.

“Describe to us how volcanic activity causes the formation of rocks,” Mr. Sanchez inquired. I explained how volcanic activity caused rocks to form. I’m surprised I actually remembered this thing.

At the end of the class Mr. Sanchez came up to me and said “You’re a good teacher.”

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“Can you take over detention for me?” he asked.

“Do I get paid?” I joked.

“No,” he said with a straight face, “but it does go into your resume.”