Chapter 24

I didn't really have a competition in the last chapter so no dedication for you guys. Maybe if by the end of the chapter I'll think of a way for you to get a dedication I'll tell you'll! For now I expect a lot of comments!!

I always expect lots of comments and never get them. But I'm still hoping!!

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter twenty-four

“I’ll scrub it off with the towel,” he said and slowly approached me.

“Will it work?” I asked confused.

“We can try,” he shrugged.

“Fine,” I said reluctantly.

I sat on the edge of his bathtub and waited for him to get the dirt off of me. He put his left arm behind my back to support me from falling. He lifted the wet towel to my arms and started scrubbing it off. And boy did it hurt while he did it.

“It’s going!” I exclaimed happily.

“It is,” he smiled.

Once he was done with both of my arms I wiped my arms with a dry towel while he rinsed the other towel. He came back to me with the soaked towel and put his arm behind my back. He slowly started wiping my cheek. He removed his hand from my back and used his left palm to hold my face and he took two, maybe three, steps closer and started wiping my cheek.

This closeness, this gesture, our positions, couldn’t feel more intimate than it already is. My breath started to quicken as soon as I realized how little the gap was between us. His eyes concentrated on my face and my eyes concentrated on him. Concentrating on his mesmerizing features. His blue-grey eyes looked at my face with pure astonishment.

And desire.

As soon as he was done wiping my face, he dropped the towel to the side and brushed my lower lip with his thumb. He did it slowly, intimately. I needed his lips on mine. He leaned in closer. A little bit closer and took in the shock in my eyes. I leaned in closer to and then …

“I wanna be a billionaire

so fricking bad

Buy all of the things I never had

Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine

Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen”

My ringtone. Our moment, ruined by this song.

He pulled away, took three steps back and stared at me with shock. He mumbled, “I’ll let you get that,” and walked away, leaving me alone in the room.

I squeezed my eyes, annoyed, and answered the call.

“Yeah, dad?” I asked.

“Where are you?” he asked, his tone mildly upset.

“Umm where are you?” I asked.

“At home, where you are not.”

“I’m just at Benjamin’s place.”

“Why?”

“He needed my help with gardening.”

“Fine,” he sighed, “Come home for breakfast. You can call Benjamin too”.