Chapter 5

Here's Chapter five of 'Never Ending Change'.

Oh and Please share this story with your friends! I'm sure Karma would help you back. :)

__________________________________________________________

Has anyone ever wondered the synonym of ‘hell’? I have one; ‘High school’. Today’s my first day there. I can’t believe it! I’ve only been in this town for a week and I’m already going to school. I had the twins sleeping in the back seat. I couldn’t leave them at home alone. I drove to the babysitter’s house.

Our babysitter was a bit different. She couldn’t leave her house because of some commitments so we agreed to leave the twins at her place. In my opinion it’s good. At least she won’t steal anything from us.

I rang the doorbell. The babysitter opened the door. She was in her late twenties. She had brunette hair that went below her chest. She also had a cute smile that reassured me that I made the right choice. She helped me by carrying Shane as I carried Shania. We placed them on the sofa.

“I’ll take good care of them,” she smiled.

“You better, Sara,” I warned.

She chuckled and said, “I will. What do you want me to tell them when they wake up?”

“Give them cookies and tell them I’ll be back soon,” I said concerned.

“All right,” she smiled.

“Tell them to call me if they’re scared,” I said. Maybe I was being too paranoid. “Or maybe dad,” I added.

“You worry too much, Stacey,” she smiled, “I’ll call Mr. Davis if there is any problem.”

“All right,” I said and headed for the car.

I parked the car in the parking lot and entered the hallways. I felt so nervous. What if I never made any friends here? What if they all hate me? I got my timetable from the reception and then made my way to my first class, geography.

As soon as I entered the class, I noticed that I was probably the only person to be late. I knocked on the door to announce my presence. “Welcome to our class,” the bald teacher said. This caused the class to silence completely. I walked in awkwardly.

“I’m Mr. Sanchez. Maybe you should introduce yourself?” he asked. Maybe I should hang myself. The damage seems less.

I nodded and began, “I’m Stacey Davis. I just moved here a week ago.”

“Welcome, Ms. Davis. I’ll let you sit next to someone good. It will allow you to catch up on the 1 month of work that you have missed,” he smiled and scanned the class. I scanned the class too. No one I knew was in class. Then again, I didn’t know a lot of people.

My eyes landed on a boy who was sitting alone and seemed to have his head in his hands. Mr. Sanchez seemed to be thinking the same thing because his head shot up as soon as he called, “Ryan Gates.”

“Yeah, sir?” the black haired guy asked.

“Ms. Davis, sit next to him. He’s smart enough to pass,” Mr. Sanchez said. The class chuckled.

I went and sat next to him. “I’m Ryan,” he said, “I’ll try to help you out as much as I can.”

“Thanks,” I smiled shyly, “I’m Stacey.”

“I know,” he chuckled, “do you have any friends here yet?”

I thought about Benjamin. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to mention him. He didn’t look like he was a school student. “I don’t think so,” I answered.