Chapter 31

Read the note at the end. It's REALLY important!

______________________________________________________

Chapter thirty-one

“Nothing” Daniel said casually, “We were waiting for you.”

Now I understand why dad was so proud of Daniel, that boy can act!

Ben looked like he was about to ask more but he was interrupted by Shania. She entered the room and looked at me with her big brown eyes. Her mouth was smeared with chocolate.

“What is it, sweetheart?” I asked her. She seemed shy in front of me. It was explainable; she had never met Daniel and Rocky before.

I got up and walked with her outside the room. I saw a room that looked like a kitchen and walked in. I lifted her up and sat her down on the kitchen counter. “What is it?” I asked.

“I got choco on my face,” she giggled.

I laughed and patted her cheeks. “You’re a naughty little girl,” I said and kissed her cheek. She grinned. I saw a tissue box beside a green fruit bowl that was filled with fruits. I wetted the tissue and wiped her face as she held still for me.

“You shouldn’t eat put chocolate all over you face,” I scolded at her.

“Shane and Holly has choco on face too” she told me innocently. I wiped her face with a clean tissue. I searched for a dust-bin for me to put the dirty tissues in. I found one under the sink and dumped the tissues in there.

“Holly is playing with me,” she said.

“Good for you” I smiled, “See, I told you she’s a nice girl”.

“She told me Benny’s friends are sleeping here today.”

“That’s nice.”

“Can we sleep here too?” she asked me.

“No, we can’t. We’re not invited” I told her.

“But I wanna sleep here!” she stressed. “Tell Ben!”

“Tell me what?” I heard Ben ask.

“Nothing,” I quickly said.

Ben walked towards us and pinched Shania’s cheek, “What’s up?” he asked her, concern written all over his face.

She seemed a bit shy for a while but then she answered him, her volume still low, “I wanna sleep here too.”

Ben cracked a smile and looked at me. “Holly told her that Rocky and Daniel are sleeping over,” I explained, “She wants to sleepover too.”

“I would love for you to join us,” Ben told Shania. Shania grinned. “But there’s no place here for you, not today,” he told her gently. She frowned. “Do you want to sleep over tomorrow?” he asked her. Her frowned turned into a smile once again, she nodded. “We can call Stacey and Shane too, okay?” he asked. She nodded again. Ben chuckled.

“You’re okay with that, right?” Ben asked me.

“I am. I just don’t want to impose on any plans you have,” I explained.

“You’re not imposing,” Ben smiled, showing off his dazzling teeth.

It took me a second to reply, maybe two, as I composed myself and not let my attraction for him affect the way I spoke to him. “G-great” I replied.

“Tacey?” Shania asked me innocently.

“Yeah?” I turned to her.

“I wanna go home,” she told me.