Chapter 30

Chapter Thirty

As I entered the room I saw Rocky and Daniel watching TV on the black leather couch. Daniel had blue and orange paint on his face. Rocky beside him laughing out loud. “Dude, stop it!” Daniel said in an annoyed tone.

“Your face is funny,” I commented from behind Ben.

“When did you get here?” Daniel asked confused.

“She just dropped by,” Ben answered and sat next to Rocky on the couch.

“What happened to your face?” I asked Daniel and stood next to the couch as there was no place to sit.

“Holly decided to paint my face,” Daniel said and got up.

“Where are you going?” Ben asked him.

“I’m going to wash my face,” he replied.

“Aww, come on!” Ben joked, “Holly worked so hard on your face”.

Daniel gave Ben a cold glare and walked out of the room.

“He loves her,” Ben chuckled.

“Well who wouldn’t, she’s a cutie!” I said and sat where Daniel was sitting before.

“Your brother has a thing for her, doesn’t he?” Ben asked, he had a knowing smile on his face.

“He does, it’s so cute to watch” I grinned.

“Aww! A McKenzie and a Davis in love with each other, how adorable!” Rocky exclaimed.

In that moment, Holly came running down with a KitKat in her hand. “Benny, open!” she exclaimed and threw the chocolate at Ben.

He stared at the chocolate confused and asked her, “Who gave this to you?”

“Shane,” she replied and then her face turned scarlet.

“It’s all melted,” Ben pointed out, “you can’t eat this, not now.”

“Buh Shane gave it to me!” Holly whined.

“I’ll put it in the fridge, you can eat it later,” Ben told her. She quietly nodded. “I think we have more chocolates that you can share with Shania and Shane too.” She smiled a big smile, something she shared with Ben. He carried her in his arms and walked out of the room.

“So it’s just you and me,” Rocky said seductively. I moved a little away from him. He chuckled and asked, “What are you doing nowadays? I barely see you.”

“Going to school,” I laughed, “My exams start in a month.”

“Scary,” he commented and switched the TV channel. Now, instead of watching The Simpsons, we were watching MTV.

“Yeah, but just a few more months and then no more school!” I exclaimed and threw my hands up in the air in joy.

“Well true, but then you have three or four more years of university,” he pointed out.

I dropped my hands to my legs. My smile faltered and I said “did you have to kill the mood?”

“I’m just telling you the truth,” he chuckled.

Then awkward silence fell.

“Tell me something,” Rocky started.

“Depends,” I replied.

“Do you have a crush on anyone?” he asked.

“Maybe, maybe not,” I said casually. I tried not to blush, maybe it was working. I could give this acting thing a shot!