Chapter 50

*awkwardly stands here*

What?! I had exams! lol.. anyway here\s a recap and chapter 50 *sniff* .. I can't believe this story is coming to an end.. *whispers* it really is.. I don't want this story to drag on so I found a perfect way to end it hehe..

Chapter fifty

I decided to set up the dining table while mom made final touches on the pasta. Shane and Shania came running into the kitchen.

"I want food!" Shane exclaimed.

"Wait till your dad comes home," mom told him.

They turned to me and asked me the same thing with their eyes. I shook my head and said, "No, you have to listen to mom."

"Why?" They whined.

"Because if you listen to dad, you have to listen to mom too," I told them.

"Okay," Shania said and went upstairs. Shane followed her.

I looked at mom and saw that she was upset. "Mom?" I asked as I walked towards her, "What’s wrong?"

"They hate me, don't they?" She said as she hastily wiped away her tears.

"Mom, of course not!" I exclaimed and hugged her. I didn't realize I was taller than her. I giggled.

"What?" She asked suspiciously.

"I'm taller than you!" I giggled.

She pulled my cheek and she was about to walk away when the door bell rang.

"Wait in the kitchen. I'll send him in!" I told her and pushed her in the kitchen. She chuckled and went in.

I opened the door and let dad inside the house. "How was your day?" I asked him cheerily.

He looked agitated. "Fine," he muttered and put his briefcase on the floor.

"Dad, breathe! You're going to love this day! I have a huge surprise for you!" I told him.

He sighed and then sniffed. "Is that pasta? Your mom's recipe?" he asked me.

"Maybe," I winked, "let's go in the kitchen and eat right now!"

"I need to shower first," he told me.

"But, dad!" I whined, "I made it with so much love!"

He sighed and said, "All right, let's eat now!"

"Yay!" I said and followed him into the kitchen.

Dad stood like a statue as he saw mom standing near the kitchen counter. "Hey, Gary,” mom said as she nervously fidgeted with her nails.

"A-Alex?" dad stuttered.

"I came back, love," she smiled.

"Is that really you?" He asked her shock.

"Yes, love," she chuckled.

Dad turned to me and asked, "You see your mom in front too, right?"

I laughed and said, "you're not hallucinating, dad."

He walked slowly towards her and caressed her face. She closed her eyes for a second and then looked at him with love.

"I missed you so much," he told her and hugged her.

"I missed you too," she cried.

This seemed like a personal intimate moment for them so I walked out of the kitchen and upstairs to the twins' room.