Chapter 1

The song 'Runaway' has nothing to do with the story .. I just love the song =D

So I hope you like it!

__________________________________________________________________________

NEVER ENDING CHANGE

CHAPTER ONE

After a six-hour flight and a two-hour car ride, we finally reached the place that was supposed to be our ‘Home Sweet Home’.

“We’re here,” dad said as he got out of the car and stretched.

“Oh joy,” I muttered under my breath as I got out too. I took in the view in front of me, a white duplex with red-tiled roof, a red main door and window shutters. The architecture was amazing, but it’s not as if I’m going to say it aloud anyway.

I open the back seat door, where Shane and Shania were sleeping, to wake them up. As soon as I opened the door and saw their innocent faces, my heart just melted. They have always slept in the most adorable way, but this was so cute. Shane was holding on to Shania while she had her hand around his back, her head on his chest. Their legs entangled and their light brown hair messed up from the long journey.

Shane and Shania were inseparable. They did almost everything together. They were the kind of siblings that never fought. Mom wanted to get them two separate cribs to sleep in but they made a fuss.

Mom.

What can I say? Every time I think about her I can’t help but feel a ache of sadness. She does not live with us anymore. Why? She is in rehab. She was perfectly fine until the twins were born. Unfortunately for her, Shaun and Shania were colic. It’s a condition where infants cry or scream frequently and for extended periods without any evident reason. This usually lasts for more than three – four hours a day. Mom couldn’t handle it, especially with two of them. That got her into depression, stress and heavy drinking.

There was a point in time where she nearly took baby Shane in her hands and was about to throw him on the ground from the anger and frustration of his screaming. If it wasn’t for me, I couldn’t imagine what would have happened that day.

That was the time we decided to finally put her into therapy in a rehabilitation centre. It was hard on both mom and dad, but it was necessary. After that, dad started moving around even more. His production company happened to be a well-known firm. That made it easier to move around for us.

I carried Shane, dad carried Shania, and we entered the house. The interiors were pretty impressive too. The crystal chandelier hung in the dining room. The dining table was big enough for eight people. We didn’t need a dining table that big. As I walked further on with Shane in my arms, I noticed a spiral staircase that lead upstairs. Probably to our new rooms. It was a bit over the top.

I opened the first door upstairs and saw a bed big enough for both the twins to sleep comfortably.

“I thought I would buy them a bed, they’re old enough for one. I gave the crib to charity,” I heard dad from behind me say.

“Great,” I said, “They’ll love it.”

“Have you seen your room yet?” he asked anxiously.

“No, not yet,” I said as I placed Shane in the bed while dad did the same with Shania.

“You should check it out,” he said as he exited the room with a tiny smile.

I shrugged and followed him out. The room right next to the twins was mine. Dad went downstairs as I entered my new room, probably to give me some privacy.

As soon as I entered my new room, I fell in love with it. The walls were painted my favourite shade of purple, a window with a sitting area next to it. My room faced another house. I looked closer at the view from my window and saw a couple passionately kissing in the opposite house.

I guess the twins aren’t allowed to look through my window.

“Stacey Davis, get down here. We’re going to go out to get dinner,” I heard dad call.

“Coming dad!” I yelled.

When I reached downstairs, I saw that the twins were already awake. The excitement in their eyes was unmistakable. “How did you find your new room?” dad asked.

“I love it!” I told him, this time the enthusiasm was genuine.

“Great,” dad smiled, “I’m glad you like it.”

“I wuv my woom too” Shane squealed, his brown eyes sparkled with excitement.

“Me thwee” Shania chimed in.

“That’s nice! How about we paint it sometime?” I asked.

“Yay,” they squealed.

“What do you’ll guys want to eat?” dad asked.

KFC!” Shane exclaimed.

“Sweetie, you’re not allowed to eat that,” dad told him.

“Fine,” Shania pouted, “We won’t eat anything.”

“Come on, dad,” I whined, “it’s our first day here, let’s celebrate.”

“All right,” he sighed in defeat, “we’ll eat KFC.

“Yay!” the twins and I exclaimed.

He shook his head and we got in the car.

As we got out of the driveway and sped down the road, I saw a person with a black hoodie, coming out of the next-door house. He had his head low as he walked down the street. I watched out my window as the boy shrunk and then disappeared from my sight. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N:So hopefully you'll don't lose interest in my story. I'm willing to send you a message once I've updated. Fanning me makes it easier for updates.]

VOTE

COMMENT

FACEBOOK LIKE

RETWEET IT!!

xoxo 

SkylerJ