Chapter 36

I am EXTREMELY sorry for the delay!! I am aware that it has been almost a month since I uploaded and I'm sorry. I accept people throwing stink bombs at me because I'm that nice and I deserve it. I hope you like it. I worked on it a lot and I tried hard and I'm proud of it. I'm good at writing dialogs but not the other stuff. This chapter has no dialogs lol. So it basically explains Stacey's family back ground and Stuff. Enjoy :)

Chapter thirty-six

I didn’t get any sleep. I couldn’t get any sleep. Many thoughts evaded my mind. I wondered if I did something bad, legal wise, to be kidnapped. I didn’t recall doing anything bad. I never drank alcohol or broke the law. Maybe I crossed the road when the lights for the cars were green and maybe I didn’t use the zebra crossing but I’m sure tonnes more people do it. Why do I have to be punished for it? The twins did absolutely nothing; they’re too innocent to be kidnapped.

I thought about what they said about my dad. I really hoped my dad wasn’t involved in anything illegal. Dad wouldn’t do anything illegal, it would ruin the reputation of his production company and he works hard to make sure it stays successful. Unless dad took some loans from people other than the bank in the beginning of his career and didn’t pay them back. But that doesn’t make sense. Dad has enough money to pay off loans and maybe offer people loans.

Something in my mind clicked. Maybe that’s it. They’re kidnapping us because they want money from dad. That made complete sense. I just hope they don’t demand too much money from dad. He started from scratch, mom sacrificed her sanity for him.

In the beginning, dad was almost never home and mom was really sad about it. I worked hard at making her laugh or even smile that beautiful smile of hers. I was thirteen then, but I still tried. I think she recognized my efforts because I saw her be strong after that.

Then a year later, the twins were born and she was happy. At least I thought she was. We still moved around a lot and she and dad still fought. Shane and Shania cried a lot too. All three factors making mom drink excessively.

I wanted to hate Shane and Shania for existing. It was their fault mom was away from me. But then again, they did nothing wrong. They didn’t want mom to go away, even if they didn’t know who she was and how much she should mean to them. Sometimes I wish I could have been a better daughter to her. I keep wondering that maybe if I helped out around the house or even spoke to her with respect, maybe she would have been here.

I sighed. Erin told me not to dwell on these things. Maybe I should take her advice once in a while. I missed Erin and her wise words too. Erin has also sent me an SMS a few days back. It said that if I was still crushing on a person for more than three months then I was in love with them. I have been crushing on Ben for more than three months, maybe seven months, and I don’t think I’m in love with him. But I know that my feelings for him won’t go away.

I then remembered that Holly was here. Ben and his entire family probably hate my family. He won’t even consider being my boyfriend. He will probably never want to see my face ever again. This thought made me want to cry. It sounded outrageous and over dramatic but I can deal with him not liking me the same way I like him but I could never handle him giving me glares and hating me. I needed him in my life and after this I’m sure he hates me.

But if he doesn’t hate me, seems unlikely though, I’ll tell him that I like him. I’ll follow Erin’s advice. If he didn’t hate me before, he would hate me now. At least I would have tried though and I won’t say what if. I’ll be going to college soon, maybe I’ll find a guy better than Ben. It seems like an impossible mission, but it is what I will have to do. I needed to choose a university too. It would depend on Ben’s decisions. If he hates me then I’ll choose a university far away from him. If he doesn’t hate me, I’ll choose one near him.

Again, I remembered Erin’s words, she told me not to base my decisions on someone else. It didn’t matter if the person was a boy I liked or my parents. My life’s decisions should be based on what I want to do. I needed to choose a university that provided excellent education and was going to benefit me career wise. If it weren’t for Erin, I would probably be in dad’s company. She thought me to follow my ambitions and I love her for it.

My mind would have wandered around more, but I heard the door open. I kept my eyes shut. I heard murmurs among the man at the door and the other mean man who tried to feel up my leg. I continued keeping my eyes shut and hoped that Shane and Holly had their eyes shut too. The door shut with a bang causing me to wince. After listening to the room, I determined that there was no one else in the room other than the guy at the door.

I felt the cheap fabric that I was on shift. I felt a tiny weight holding my hand and tugging it. I didn’t want this to happen. I flickered open my eyes and saw Shane’s brown confused eyes look into my eyes. He asked me the question that I didn’t want to answer. What was I gonna tell him? 

 ____________________________________________________

I expect comments and votes. I miss them!! Take Care

Skye 

<3