Finding Out

Third Person

Saturday, June 9th, 2012

"Hey, Sam." Brenda said, as she opened the door. He smiled and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. She smiled a small smile, which made him frown.

"What's wrong?" He asked. She didn't say anything, she just pulled him into the living room, and sat on the couch. He sat next to her. "What's wrong? Are we the only ones here?"

"Yeah. It's just us." She started."Sam...."

"Hm?"

"IthinkI'mpregnant." She said, really fast. He didn't understand her.

"What? I couldn't understand you."

"I think I'm pregnant." She said a little bit slower, so he could understand her. He didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Pregnant?" She nodded, tears coming to her eyes.

"I'm sorry."She cried, burying her face into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, trying, and failing, to calm her down.

"Don't say your sorry. It's my fault as much as it is yours, mine mostly. And we don't even know if you're really pregnant, okay?" She nodded. Once she calmed down, he said,"I'll be right back. I'm gonna make a call." She nodded again, and sat up. I stood up and walked out side, sitting on the porch. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed the number.

"Sup, Trouty."

"Hey, Santana. I need you to do something for me."

"And what is that?"

"Can you and Brittany go to the drug store and get a pregnancy test?" She laughed, as if it was a joke. When she realized that he wasn't laughing, she stopped and asked,

"Are you serious?"

"Very."

"We'll be there in 15 minutes."

TIME SKIP

Sam opened the door when he heard someone knock. He and Brenda had been sitting in silence for the past 15 minutes, both trying not to cry in front of each other. Santana and Brittany were at the door. Santana literally ran past him to Brenda, while Brittany just hugged him and said,

"Even if she is pregnant, we'll help you out."

"Thanks Britt." They walked into the living room after Sam shut the door. Brenda was now holding three pregnancy tests. She looked at Sam and held one .of her hands out. He grabbed it, and without neither of them saying a word, they walked up stairs.

"We'll be down here!" Santana called, only to get no answer. She looked at Brittany and they sat on the couch together, waiting. Meanwhile, Sam was sitting on the bed while Brend awas in the bathroom, taking the tests. She came back and sat on the bed, leaving the tests on the counter.

"We have to wait three minutes. I set the timer on my phone." She said. He nodded. After about a minute of silence, she said quietly, "I don't want to ruin your life." He looked at her.

"How would you ruin my life?" He already knew the answer.

"What if I am pregnant, Sam? I'm not getting an abortion, and I'm definitely not giving the baby up. I wouldn't be surprised if you left me-" He interrupted her.

"Brenda, you will not ruin my life. I'd never want you to get an abortion, and I would never leave you. If you're pregnant, we're in this together."She nodded, and hugged him again, burying her face in his chest. When the timer went off, they looked at each other.

"Can you? I don't...think I can look." He nodded and stood up. He slowly walked into the bathroom, and looked at the tests.

Positive

Positive

Positive

 Brenda knew, that when he didn't say anything from the bathroom, that they were positive. Especially when he walked back in the bedroom, with a grim facial expression. He sat down, not saying anything, and hugged her. Once she calmed down, she went downstairs, and Sam stayed sitting on the bed. Santana and Brittany stood up when they heard footsteps. Brenda stopped at the very bottom of the stairs, and looked at them. The look on her face told them all they need to know. They rushed over to her and hugged her. After a few seconds, Santana asked,

"Where's Sam?"

"He's upstairs. I think he had to use the bathroom, or something. He should be down here by now." She answered, glancing up the stairs.

"I'll go check on him." Brittany said and went up stairs while Brenda and Santana sat down on the couch. Brittany expected Sam to be walking out the bathroom or something, but instead he was sitting on the bed, head in his hands, sobbing. Instead of saying anything to him, she ran to the top of the stairs and looked down at her girlfriend and Brenda."Brenda! You need to come up here. Like, now!" The two immediately got up and ran up the stairs. As soon as she heard him, she went to his side, and bent down in front of him. Santana and Brittany just stood in the door way, watching her try to calm him down.

"I'm sorry." He sobbed. She tilted his head back and made him look at her. She put her hands on either side of his face.

"Sam, stop. It's not just your fault. It takes two to make a baby. Don't blame yourself."

"But-"

"Don't. Please don't cry." She put her arms around his neck and he buried his face in her hair.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. We're gonna be okay."