Going Home

I am so very sorry for not updating this story! I feel so bad! I've been so busy trying to make chapters for my other books long, I totally forgot about updating this story! Thanks to my friend Liz, also known as ElizabethManuel1, inspired/encouraged me to write more for this book! She wrote all of the future messages for Brooklyn, as well as the part where it's in Elizabeth's POV! She did an amazing job, don't y'all think? I will definitely be writing more for this book in the next few days/weeks!

Tuesday, February 19th, 2013

11 AM

"Well, good morning everyone!" Dr. Linda said, walking in the room. Sam and Brenda were sitting on the bed and Donna, Mary, and Dwight. Brenda was holding Brooklyn in one arm. 

"Good morning!" They chorused and then laughed.

"Well, Renee told me that you wanted to try breastfeeding Brooklyn?" She said, sitting on the bed with them. Brenda nodded.

"Uh, yeah, is that even safe? Like, since we've been feeding her formula since she was born." She asked. Dr. Linda chuckled and nodded.

"It's safe sweetie. I did the same thing with my kids, every once in a while I'd give them formula and it didn't upset their stomach. It depends, really, on it it doesn't mess with her stomach. You won't know until you try." She said. Brenda looked at Sam, who looked at her.

"Do you think I should try breastfeeding her?" He shrugged.

"I don't know, I mean, it's your boobs she'll be sucking on." He said, which caused them all to laugh." Isn't breastfeeding good for her though?" Dr. Linda nodded."Than I'm all for it." He said, grinning at Brenda. She smiled at him and then nodded at Dr. Linda.

"When was the last time you fed her?" She asked.

"About 9:30." Brenda said. Dr. Linda said.

"Well, she'll probably start getting hungry soon, so do you want me to get you a gown to put on while you feed her?" Brenda nodded. She left and came back a few seconds later with the gown. She gave Brooklyn to Sam, who started cooing at her, since her bottom lip had started to poke out. He knew she was about to cry, but he rocked her some and she calmed down for the time being. Brenda went in the bathroom to take her shirt off and put the gown on. She put it on backwards and just wrapped it around her front, like Dr. Linda told her. She went back out into the room and sat in the recliner. Sam let Dr. Linda take Brooklyn to Brenda. She put a small towel over Brenda's shoulder and Brenda uncovered one of her boobs. She held Brooklyn in the right position. It was almost like two magnets, Brooklyn was on it and sucking as if her tiny life depended on it. Brenda made a face and giggled.

"I don't think I've ever seen a baby do that, that fast." Dr. Linda said. Mary pointed at Sam.

"That one was even faster than that. The child was always hungry."

"So was Chord." Dwight mentioned. Sam snorted. He sat back on the bed and took his phone out. He went through Facebook and read all the comments on the picture of Brooklyn. He laughed at some of them. He took a picture of Brenda, who had most of her boob covered up, even though she was still feeding Brooklyn. She was in the middle of a giggle. He posted it and said,

Sam Evans ~with Brenda Jackson

Brenda's breastfeeding for the first time, and she's a giggling mess. I'm guessing it feels totally weird!

When she finished feeding her, Sam burped her and she was satisfied. She cooed for a little while and then fell asleep in her grandpa's arms, while Sam fell asleep on the bed again.

TIME SKIP

Sam woke up around 1:30 and ate the okay hospital food that they'd gotten him.