Collapsing Part 2

They waited for hours, it now being 6 PM. Donna and Chris got there 30 minutes after the whole thing happened. Sam was still acting calm, but he was pacing the floor in front of everyone.

"Dude, sit down. You're burn a whole in the floor." Puck said. Sam stopped and looked at him like he was an idiot. He took a deep breath and said,

"I have to go to the bathroom." and walked off down the hall. He didn't have to actually look for it, since they'd been here so many times. He did what he had to do and washed his hands. He splashed water on his face and sighed, grabbing some paper towels and drying his face and hands. He threw it in the trash and made his way back to the waiting room. He sat pretty far away from everyone and just stared at the floor. He felt someone sit beside him, and put their hand on his shoulder. He looked up and saw Mr. Schue. He squeezed his shoulder. They sat in silence for a few minutes.

"You know holding it in makes it even worse."Mr. Schue said.

"Yeah, I know." He sighed." I've pretty much made myself NOT show emotions, like crying, at least, around you guys. I always cry when I'm with Brenda and she's laying in that bed, probably scared and alone, and I can't do anything about it. I-I can't,"His voice wavered an Mr. Schue hugged him while he cried silently. About ten minutes later, Renee came out, saying Sam's name. He stood up and walked over to the rest of the group, wiping his eyes.

"How are they?" He asked, looking at her.

"She, well, she'll be okay. Brenda's blood pressure went up, which is why it took so long to come get you. She almost went into labor, but we stopped it. And the baby is perfectly fine, we did an ultrasound and you could see her kicking on the screen, and her heart beat is great as well. But, the whole reason for this, is because of stress. You two haven't been fighting again have you?"

"No, no. For the past two weeks, our teachers have been keeping us working on stuff none stop, studying for the tests. We had two last week, but she was fine. Yesterday, she told me that she had a head ache and her back hurt. She said that she was tired and having Braxton Hicks contractions."He said, his voice sounding a lot happier than earlier, knowing that his girlfriend and baby were okay."When can I go see her?"

"You can go see her now. Follow me." He looked at the others, mainly Chris and Donna, who nodded to him. He followed her down the hall."She's been out of it the whole time, but she started waking up when I left. She was asking for you."

"Is she mad?" He asked softly. She stopped and looked at him.

"Mad at who?"

"Me."

"Why would she be mad at you?"

"Because I wasn't with her like I should have been."

"Oh Sam, she's not mad at you. It wasn't your fault sweetie." He shrugged, not saying anything else to her. She rubbed his arm and opened the door of Brenda's room. She was sitting up, an IV in her right arm, playing with her fingers. She looked up when she heard the door open and smiled when she saw him. Renee shut the door once he was all the way in and left, giving them a few minutes alone. He rushed over to her and sat on the edge of the bed, hugging her.

"I'm sorry I-" She interrupted him.

"Don't apologize, Sammy. It's not your fault. I'm okay, and the baby is okay."

"I know but I feel bad for not being with you." He said, his lips trembling.

"Don't cry, Sam. Seriously, please don't. I'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking."

"I know but, this just really scared me."He stuttered slightly.

"It scared me too. I feel a lot better than earlier. So, don't worry about me okay?" He nodded, knowing, he'd worry about her no matter what. He pecked her on the lips and hugged her again.