Telling Everyone

Monday, March 18, 2013

"Who took that picture of Brooklyn, Sam?" Tina asked as the two walked into the choir room together at the end of the day.

"Me. Smile!" He held up his new camera and took a picture of her. She laughed.

"'So she finally gave it to you, huh Trouty?" Santana asked.

"She did." He took a picture of Santana and Brittany.

" He took a picture of Santana and Brittany

"Where is she anyway?" Brittany asked.

"She's staying home and sleeping. I made her." He said, shrugging and took a picture of everyone sitting down.

"He loves that thing." Finn said, shaking his head. Sam stuck his tongue out at him.

"Where's Elizabeth?" Mike asked Jesus, who shrugged.

"I think she left early." He said.

"Everyone, Puck and Quinn would like to sing a special song, and they also have an announcement." Mr. Schue said once everyone had arrived. Mr. Schue sat down with everyone else and Quinn and Puck stood in front of them. 

"Smile!" Sam said. They laughed and did so, letting him take a picture of them.

"Anyways, we'd like to sing a song that you boys, except for Sam and Chord, sang for me a few years ago." Quinn said. Brad the piano player then began playing the piano.

Beth, I hear you callin'
But I can't come home right now
Me and the boys are playin'
And we just can't find the sound

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh, Beth what can I do
Beth what can I do

You say you feel so empty
That our house just ain't a home
And I'm always somewhere else
And you're always there alone

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh, Beth what can I do
Beth what can I do

Beth, I know you're lonely
And I hope you'll be alright
'Cause me and the boys will be playin'
All night

"What's the point in that?" Santana asked.

"Well, Shelby was back in town and on Saturday, she came to my house. Me and Puck were there, obviously, and she had a lawyer with her. At first we thought we were in trouble or something but instead...." She looked at Puck, who continued. Sam got up from his seat quietly and sat on the piano, where he was able to get a picture of everyone, including their reactions when the two tell them the news.

"She told us that she got a roll on Broadway, and that the roll will keep her away from home a lot and she wouldn't be able to care for Beth like she wants to. She told us that she didn't want Beth to grow up with out a mom or dad who is hardly around, so she came and asked us if we wanted custody of Beth."

"She told us that she loves Beth with all her heart, but she wants her to grow up with two parents who are actually around and who love her. She said that she made sure Beth knows who Puck and I are and that she's called us mommy and daddy any time she sees a picture of us."

"So what your saying is, my mom gave you guys custody of Beth?" Rachel asked.

"She did. It's official! We signed and everything and Beth will be living with me." Quinn said, the biggest grin anyone has ever seen on her face. Sam took the picture at the most perfect time. Tina, Rachel, Sugar, and Mercedes all started squealing, Brittany and Santana were making semi what the hell faces slash happy faces, Finn just looked confused, Mike looked like 'What?', Chord just grinned, Artie had his hands up as if he was praising the lord, and Jesus was clapping.

"Dude, you don't seem happy for them." Artie said a few minutes later, after everyone had congratulated them and calmed down. He was talking to Sam, who was ignoring just about everything except his camera, whereas he was just looking at pictures he's already taken.

"I already knew." He said, looking at them."Me and Brenda both." He went back to the camera.

"Say what now?" Mercedes asked.

"Yeah, we went by their house yesterday and told them." Quinn said.

"Why does everyone say 'their house'?" Santana asked.

"Because I live there!" Sam said and stuck his tongue out, then giggled, yes, giggled, at himself. She made a face at him.

"Oh, that reminds me!" Rachel said, clapping. She stood up and walked over to Sam and pulled him off the piano. She put her arm through his and hugged it, and said while everyone, including Sam, looked at her weird,"Me and Sam are future cousins!" She said excitedly, bouncing up and down. Sam took a picture of everyone's confused faces and snorted.

"What the hell?" Tina asked.

"Even I'd like to know what this is about." Mr. Schue said.

"Can you please let me go, you're digging your nails into my arm."

"Oops, sorry. Shelby and Brenda's mom are sisters, which means we're cousins, which means when her and Sam get married, we'll technically be related by marriage."

"Good point."