Surprises

Later that day

"Happy birthday!" Everyone yelled as Sam pulled Brenda into the living room. She laughed and thanked everyone. She pulled Sam's hoodie off, her baby bump appearing for everyone to see. As soon as the girls saw it, they started squealing and gushing over it.

"Oh my god, you look so adorable!" Kurt exclaimed. She laughed again and sat with Sam. After a few minutes of everyone talking, Brenda froze and looked around.

"What's wrong babe?" Sam asked.

"I smell cake. Who has cake?" She asked seriously, causing everyone to laugh. Donna came into the room with a cake in her arms, and everyone stood up. Then Chris walked in with an envelope in his hand. When Sam saw him, he whimpered and stood behind Brenda.

"You're not gonna kick me again, are you? Because you can't with your pregnant sister in the way. You wouldn't kick her would you?" He squeaked. Chris snorted and said,

"No, I'm not going to kick you again. But I'm sorry about that. Brenda told me how bad it was and damn, I didn't think I kicked you that hard."

"He couldn't get off the floor for like, four hours, Chris."

"Oh, dang. I'm sorry dude. Here, this is for you." He said, handing the envelope to Sam. Sam hesitated in taking it and eyed it.

"See, you got him too scared to take something from you." Brenda said, crossing her arms. Chris chuckled and gestured to the envelope in Sam's hand.

"Open it." He said. He did and unfolded the paper that was inside.

Sam,

I'm sorry about kicking you in the nuts and bruising you so bad you couldn't sleep at night. I feel really bad about it, and I've finally excepted the fact that my baby sister's boyfriend got her pregnant. I want to apologize by giving you a hell of a lot better job than at rinky dink Bi-lo, so I got you a better paying job working on trucks with me, at Southco. You get paid every Friday, starting off at $800. That is, if you accept the offer.

Sincerely, Chris

"Dude, are you serious?" Sam asked, eyeing him once again. Chris nodded and Sam high fived him.

"Hell yeah I'll do it!"

TIME SKIP

Donna and Chris had another huge surprise for Sam and Brenda. While everyone was sitting in the living room, eating more cake and talking about babies, Donna started,

"We have one more present, but this is for both you and Sam, and technically the baby." Sam and Brenda looked at each other.

"What?" They asked, then looked at each other weird.

"Well, did you forget that we have a basement?" Donna asked. Brenda's eyes widened.

"I totally forgot about that!"

"Well, what do you think Chris and I have been doing all day while all of you were at school?"

"I don't know, going through all that crap down there?"

"Yes and no. Not only have we been looking through everything, but we've been clearing everything out and putting it in the garage since we don't use it. And you know how it has a big bathroom and a shower down there? Along with two extra rooms?" Donna asked.

"Now that I think about it, yeah." She said. Sam nodded.

"God, you two aren't even going to ask us what the point is?" Chris exclaimed.

"What's the point, Chris?"She asked sarcastically, causing everyone to laugh.

"Follow us and we'll show you." He said, and pulled them up. They looked at each other and shrugged, following them to the door that takes them down to the basement. Chris flipped one of the light switches and turned on the light on the stairs and at the bottom of the stairs. When they reached the bottom and realized what they did, Brenda almost started crying.

"You didn't." She said, not believing it.

"We did. This now where you and Sam will be staying with the baby until you move out. Which will not be happening for at least two years." Sam raised his eyebrows.

"Thanks, but you bought all of this furniture for us?" He asked. The two nodded. There were two couches with a coffee table between them, a TV with a book case full of movies, a desk like table with a chair, pictures of them hanging up on the wall, etc.

"Why don't you two look around while we keep them up stairs?" Donna asked. They nodded and Chris and Donna went back up stairs.

"Just so you know, we moved all of your stuff down here while you were at school. Including your clothes and A bed!" Chris called before shutting the door. Sam and Brenda looked at each other and opened the door to what they assumed was their room, but it was where the nursery would be. There wasn't much in there yet, but there was an adorable white rocking chair with white padding on it in the corner, and a picture of Sam and Brenda handing on the wall. Brenda awe'd and followed Sam to their room. Their bed, which seemed even bigger for some reason, was in the middle of the room, a small bedside table on both sides, a lamp on each, including an alarm clock on Brenda's side, and a picture of them on Sam's. There were two dressers, which was filled with their clothes, then a closet that was big enough for all of their other clothes together. They sat on the bed and realized that it was bigger than usual, and softer and more comfortable.

"Oh my god. They got us a new bed!" Brenda exclaimed happily, flopping down on her back. Sam smiled and leaned down beside her, kissing her belly then kissing her. They got up and went back upstairs, thanking them again for what they did. Around 9 o'clock, everyone left. Sam and Brenda finished all of their homework and got ready for bed. They lied down and Sam wrapped his arms around her, his hands on her stomach. He kissed her cheek.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"Goodnight, and I love you too."