Braxton Hicks

Monday, January 21st, 2013

33.1 weeks

Over the next few weeks, Sam and Brenda got the nursery finished, with the help of some of their friends everyday. Today and tomorrow, the students of McKinley High are taking their mid terms. Last week, they took History and Science, and today and tomorrow is Math and ELA All last week and the week before, the teachers were cramming even more stuff into their heads and making them study the entire class period. That's when Brenda started getting stressed and having Braxton Hicks contractions, that were totally uncomfortable. They started a few minutes after she finished her test. They didn't hurt, they were just uncomfortable, and, since the test wasn't timed, there were probably going to be 3 more hours until everyone in the school is finished. Brenda looked over at Sam, who was sitting directly across from her,on the other side of the room, finishing the last few questions on his test. When he finished, he closed the test booklet and raised his hand, the teacher going to get it. Only five people were done, Sam, Brenda, Artie, Brittany, she's a math genius, what do you expect, and Rachel. All the other students, who weren't in glee club, were still working on their tests.

For the next three hours and a half, Brenda had her head resting on her arms, trying to take a nap like Artie and Brittany, but it wasn't working to well. Her butt was hurting from sitting on the hard chair for so many hours, her legs were stiff from not moving for a while, and with every false contraction, her back would hurt because of the way she was sitting, leaning against the desk. To make matters worse, the baby wouldn't stop kicking, and she was starting to kick pretty hard. She sighed, sitting up and putting her hand on her forehead, her elbow resting on the desk top. Finally, Principal Figgins came over the intercom, congratulating everyone on another day of testing, then, he told them to go to lunch. Sam and Brenda got their stuff, well, Sam got Brenda's stuff for her, and they made their way to the lunch room. He had his arm wrapped around her back, using his thumb to rub circles on her side.

"You feeling okay?" He asked, looking at her. She sighed and just looked at him." I'll take that as a no." He said as they sat with the rest of the glee club and Mr. Schue, where there were a bunch of pizza boxes on the table with canned drinks. They were one of the first few people to get to the table and sit down."What's wrong?" He asked as Rachel and Quinn sat across from them.

"Is something wrong?" Rachel asked worriedly. Brenda shook her head.

"I'm alright, I'm just tired as hell. My ass hurts from sitting on that damn chair, my feet hurts, my back hurts, my head hurts, but I think that's just a hunger headache, and I'm uncomfortable as hell with these damn Braxton Hicks."She answered."And she won't stop kicking. All of this is just driving me nuts." She sounded miserable. Sam looked down for a minute, then put one of his arms around her again. She leaned into him.

"I didn't know you were having false contractions." He said, looking down at her.

"They didn't start until after I finished the test." She said. He rubbed her back and said,

"Maybe if you eat something, you'll start feeling better after you eat." Sam said. She nodded and sat all the way up. She blew her cheeks out, grabbing the paper towel with a piece of pizza on it from Sam, who was offering it to her. She ate two pieces and that's all. They didn't leave the lunch room until all of the pizza was gone, then they went to glee practice, which was pretty much just watching funny videos or music videos. While everyone did that, Brenda sat on the piano bench and Sam rubbed her back and shoulders for her. She looked like she was about to fall asleep when her phone rang. She groaned and took it out of her back pocket, noticing it was Lauren, Chris' fiance', before she answered it. Everyone heard her side of the conversation.

"Hello?"

"Oh, yeah."

"No, no, I'm fine. Just tired."

"He was rubbing my back and I almost fell asleep."

"We can still do it today."

"Alright, I'll see you at the house at 7."

"Okay, bye." She hung up and put her phone on the top of the piano, leaning back into Sam. Now he was just rubbing her sides.

"What'd she want?"

"She asked me if we were still gonna look at wedding dresses and flowers and stuff in that damn catalogue she has."

"I thought you were looking forward to it."

"I was. Not right now, I'm not."

"And besides, I thought you two didn't really like each other."

"Yeah, well, she has been a great help. I mean, she helped Chris help you get a job and she's been trying to be nice to everyone." She answered.

"You have a point and at least she's trying. How about, when we get home, we'll lay down and I'll rub your back some more." Sam told her. She turned around to look at him and nodded.

"I thought you had to work tonight." She said.

"Eh, Chris can take my calls tonight since you're not feeling good, and besides, he told me that if I wanted to, I could just skip until testing was over." He answered. She nodded. At 2:55 PM, then bell rang, and they were one of the first few people to leave the choir room. When they got home, Chord was right behind them, so they went on in the house and left the door unlocked so he didn't have to unlock it. They heard him come in, and they knew it was him because they could hear him upstairs singing and Mercedes laughing. They lied down in their bed, Brenda on her side, facing the wall, and Sam laying beside her, rubbing her back, sides, shoulders, and legs until she fell asleep. He did it for about ten minutes after she fell asleep, then fell asleep along with her. 

Baby...In High School?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें