Visiting

When Renee came back, she said,

"You can go see him now, but he is pretty bruised from where he was hit with the gun." Brenda was the only one who got up, and she was confused.

"We're going to let you go first so you can have a minute alone with him." She nodded.

"I'll come get you when they're ready." Renee said as she led Brenda to Sam's room. It was on the second floor. Renee opened the door and shut it when they were both in. He was laying on his back, slightly elevated. His leg was propped up on a pillow. He was covered from the waist up and his arms were covered in bruises. Brenda sat in a chair beside him and grabbed his hand. Then she realized that his hands were tied down. She looked at Renee,

"Why is he tie down?" She asked.

"When he woke up he started freaking out and trying to take the IVs out. We went through hell trying to restrain him. He's a strong boy." She answered." I'll take them off whe he wakes up as long as he doesn't mess with the wires again."Brenda nodded. Renee started to wake him up, adn he opened his eyes slowly, blinking. He tried to move his hands and looked down at them, then at Brenda, then at Renee.

"Why?" He asked bluntly.

"You don't remember what happened the first time you woke up?" Renee asked.

"I woke up before now?" He asked confused.

"Yeah, you started freaking out and tried to take the IVs out of your arm." She told him." I'll take them off as long as you don't mess with your IV."

"I won't. Now please hurry up, my nose is itching." He said. She chuckled and undid the straps. He immediately reached up and scratched his nose, sighing happily because he wasn't itching anymore.

"Do you have any pain?" She asked. He shook his head as he reached for Brenda's hand. She grabbed it and he smiled at her."Okay. I'm gonna give you two a few minutes by yourselves, so just come get me if you need anything or want me to get everyone else." Brenda nodded and waited until the door was shut.

"Everyone is here?" Sam asked. She nodded.

"Except for the two new kids and Ryder, Jake, Marley, Kitty, and Unique." She answered. He didn't seem to care about that because he asked,

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, so is the baby. You should be worrying about yourself, Sam. You got shot in the leg twice and you lost a lot of blood. You really scared me, you could have died." She started crying. He just squeezed her hand tighter because she couldn't sit on the bed or hug him.

"But I'm not, Brenda. I told you that I would do anything to keep you and our daughter safe. And if that meant getting shot, then oh well. It happened, and I'm still alive. I've been through worse, you know that. It could have been you in this bed if I hadn't done anything. And I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'd rather be here then you, even if it hurts like hell." He said tearing up. She stood up and leaned over the bed rail and kissed his forehead.

"I love you." She said, wiping her eyes.

"I love you too, now stop crying before I start." She giggled. It was quiet for a few minutes.

"Do you feel up to a bunch of visitors?" She asked. He nodded." Okay, I'll go get Renee." She kissed him and quietly opened the door. She found Renee leaning against the nurses desk. Renee saw her and all she did as nod before going to get the others. Brenda went back to the room and sat down.

"Renee went to get them." She said. He nodded, pushing one of the buttons on the bed to help him sit up. He grunted at the pain in his thigh. She looked at him.