81

Shawn

I woke up to Mila cuddled up to my side, her legs tangled with mine and her soft breath on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her, burying my nose in her neck to breathe in her sweet scent. Today was just going to be a chill day once again... these last days weren't too easy on us, especially on Mila. Black Lives Matter demonstrations started because of some very horrible events which devastated everyone.... and since we were staying off social media, people started saying that we dont care about what is happening because we didnt immediately post something on our stories... We are very aware of what is going on and are just as devastated... People are so mean... especially to Mila. I took my phone with my free hand, checking twitter... which is honestly the worst app to be on right now... people are so toxic, they always have been. But I wanted to know if things had calmed down since yesterday. But as soon as the page loaded... a hate comment towards camila popped up. I dont know how people can be like that... I never understood. I let out a sigh, closing the app again and pulling Mila tightly into me. She has such an amazing soul... how can you be so horrible to someone. At this point I dont even care about what people say about me... I learned how to ignore it, I've grown stronger, especially after going through therapy these last months before quarantine started.  But for Mila it's always been difficult, which is totally okay. She has us, her family and even her therapist. But sometimes that's not what you need... you need a support system maybe not consisting of your family... but your supporters, especially as a celebrity. We count on our fans, on them liking what we do... but when they show us hate... it makes us feel like we aren't good enough... like the only people we want to satisfy are... not satisfied with what we do. And I know that she is so self-conscious... and not having that support system from outside tears her down. But I try, I really try being there for her. We all do and she tells me a lot how much she appreciates it. 

"Good morning angel, how are you feeling?" I asked when she opened her eyes, her head placed on my chest. Her eyes were still a little red and puffy from crying yesterday but she had a small smile on her lips, warming my heart. "Pretty good with you here." She whispered, coming up to kiss my lips and lay on top of me. I stroke her back and I could feel her fingers tickling my sides making me scrunch up my nose. "I love you." I told her like every morning. "I love you too." She whispered. "So are we doing this tomorrow?" I asked again, just to make sure she was still okay with it. "Yeah... totally..." "Mila, only if you're comfortable..." "I want to, because I care." She said seriously. "Okay, then we're going to prepare stuff." I felt her nod against me before closing her eyes again. "But you are feeling alright, right?" It was quiet for a bit before she looked up at me. "Yeah, better than yesterday." "Okay." I smiled, kissing her forehead where I lingered for a bit to let her know how much I care about her. "Are you feeling like getting up already?" "No...a little longer please... and I'm cold." She whined. I giggled. it always wonders me how she can be cold with these temperatures. I Changed position, laying her next to me, pulling the covers up and gently laying down on top of her. "Better?" she nodded with a content smile, closing her eyes again as her fingers played with my long hair. It's actually longer than even and very curly but I love it... and so does Mila obviously. She tells me to keep it like that but obviously accepts it if I want to cut it. I rested my face in the crook of her neck and felt her breath there, warming my heart. I actually love mornings like these... calmly waking up and just cuddling... I of course would prefer it if Mila just hadn't had a shitty night before but I love just being there for her, like right now.

"Okay, do you have all the cardboards?" I asked, bringing in the black markers. "Yeah, three are enough, right?" I nodded, sitting down in front of her on the ground, watching her write on the cardboard. She just looks so... mesmerizing... I leaned forward, kissing her cheek. "What was that for?" She asked confused with a smile. "Just for being you..." I smiled before also starting to write on the cardboard. We made sure to write big enough so people could read it from the distance. 'Black Lives Matter' we will be there. Because what is happening right now in America is... so incredibly wrong. 

"Look!" Mila said cheerfully, holding up her sign to show me. "This one looks great." I smiled, putting finishing touches on my own before helping her put a stick to it so we can hold it up later. We already made one for Camilas mama and were only finishing ours so we can go there tomorrow. I could tell camila was nervous... nervous because there would be so many people and she had some issues these last days... but we won't be there alone and maybe people won't even recognize us. "Mila... you know I will be there... and so will mama and your aunt." I told her when I saw her fiddling with the cap of the pen. "I love you Mila, come here." I pulled her into my lap and leaned against the wooden block in front of her bed. She leaned into me and closed her eyes, letting out a sigh. "I love you too... I guess I'm just... really anxious again... after yesterday and stuff." "I understand baby and thats okay. I'm here." I kissed the side of her head and intertwined our fingers on her stomach. When she didn't say anything an her  breathing was calm I was sure she had fallen asleep. And she was and was looking incredibly cute. I kissed her again and then slowly picked her up to carry her to the bed so she could sleep and have enough energy for tomorrow. Luckily she stayed asleep and didnt even move when I put her down and covered her in blankets. I cant believe we spent a whole day making those cardboards... well of course with a little distraction but still. 

I quickly got ready and undressed and then laid down in bed behind Mila, spooning her small body and giving her sweet kisses.

-------------------------------------------

Ugh.... sorry for not updating much!