17

Camila's POV

It was probably still night when I opened my eyes, since it was still dark around me. Shawn's arms were lightly wrapped over my body and I was laying on his chest. I was really thirsty... that anxiety attack had dehydrated me. So I lightly and carefully lifted my body off of his and quietly walked downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. I drank it, looking out the window into our backyard. Our house was completely dark, everyone was asleep, which made me look at the clock hanging next to the door. 3:26 am. Pretty early. "Baby? What are you doing?" I heard Shawns tired voice behind me, making me turn around. "I was thirsty." I answered, putting the glass into the sink to wash it tomorrow. "Are you feeling okay?" he asked, coming closer. "Yeah..." "You wanna talk? We can sit by the pool of you want? Of you think you wont able to fall asleep again." He just knew me too well. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, it's very difficult for me to fall back asleep. "Yeah, sure..." I answer, finally turning around to him. I didn't really know what to do... was he still mad? Upset with me? The only thing I could feel was tension between us until he spoke. "Then come, let's change and walk outside for a bit." "I don't have warm clothes here..." I said. "I brought some in the basket I had. I actually packed some food and clothes for one night for bot of us." He said, smiling lightly. I smiled back, he is really handsome. I walked with him upstairs and he gave me a pair of black sweats and a big hoodie. He changes his own clothes and then we walked outside, putting on shoes and sitting by our pool. It was quiet. No one died to say something. I was... upset somehow... upset with myself.... upset, knowing that Shawn was probably upset with me. "Shawn?" I said quietly. "Hmm?" he asked, looking at me but I was looking at the pool in front of me. "I'm sorry..." "For what? I am not mad, if that's what you think." he said softly, still looking at me. "You're not?" I asked him surprised. "No. Why would I?" "Because I was so distant... and because I- " "Mila, it is totally okay to need space for a bit. I understand that. We are here together, everyday. Of course it can get a bit tiring. I understand that." he explained. Reaching for my hand. A tear escaped my eye, dropping into my other hand. "Hey... stop crying baby..." I wiped my tear away, finally looking at him. "Come here." he said, opening his arms. I closed the distance between us, letting myself fall into his arms. He immediately kissed my head, holding me tightly. "Was your day at least okay?" he asked after a few minutes. "no..." I decided on telling the truth right away, knowing he is the person I trusted the most. "Why is that, baby? Telly me..." I wanted to answer but began shivering a bit. "Can we go inside and talk in bed?" I asked shyly. "Sure, come on." he said, giving me his hand for me to stand up and waling back to the summer house, getting back in bed. "Okay, so tell me about your day." he said softly, when we were laying in be side by side, my head turned to his chest and his arms around me, drawing calming circles on my back. "I... I did yoga today outride on the porch... and got a message from Roger.... he needed me to put out the statement about my tour being cancelled...and I did. But it didn't go well, unfortunately... I got... hate.... a lot." "And that's what caused your anxiety attack?" He asked. "Yeah... well, kind of... another reason was... that I thought you were mad at me... I started overthinking, like I do usually and yeah...." I said quietly. "Baby... I wasn't mad at you... I could never... I just wanted to give you some time to yourself... please... don't think I am ever mad at you, alright?" he made sure to explain. "Yeah, thank you..." I whispered, closing my eyes, finally calm again. "I love you, please sleep... you are probably exhausted..." he said, kissing my forehead. "I love you too, good night..." I whispered back, kissing his lips softly and falling asleep right after.

Shawn's POV

I was awake, looking at my girlfriend who was laying in my arms, sleeping. I was glad that she wasn't distancing herself anymore... and I was a little disappointed in myself that I didn't go to her and ask her what was wrong, when I noticed she was keeping her distance. But at least, everything was finally back to normal. Mila had her head rested on my chest and her arms lightly grasping the hoodie I still had on. My arms were around her body, not planning on letting her go.