Chapter 3|Preparations

Chaeyeon's pov

I got a text from Zhao Lusi saying we should meet in the afternoon, she and Zhang Shuang are the only friends I have except Shuxin and my parents. She is always down for every madness that i propose we do, she is older than me by 3 years but we click well. We met on the set for my first drama and we were sisters and we became friends, i thought it wouldn't last since she was already famous but here we are, crazy buddies.

My manager arrived at 07:45am and i took my phone and left, we stopped by the garage and he bought himself breakfast. When we arrived everyone was already there waiting for us, i greeted everyone and sat down.

"Tong Tong how was your drama?", my boss asked

"It was interesting I must admit"

"Today we are here to talk about your schedule and promotions, we got a call for our main offices in Korea and they want you there. So you will be debuting in an upcoming girl group"

"Hah?!!"

"So next months your are going to Korea to join a survival show which is mainly for you to be familiar with how Korean entertainment industry works"

"A survival show??", i was confused because he kept bombarding me with too much information with little time to process it

"Yes, so all your schedule have been cleared for you to prepare", he said giving me a form and i took it

"So what about my acting career here?"

"You can do them both, you can also debut as an actress there too, this will also help you with your popularity because once you debut in Korea you will have many international fans. And the show will be broadcasted all over Asia if not internationally"

"Wow"

"Yeah so get ready, because you are leaving next month. You are lucky you just finished your final exams"

"Yeah"

After the meeting I went to meet Zhao Lusi, i found her indulging herself with cheesecake and i ordered mine too. These past months we have both been busy and we have been chatting mainly through video call since she was shooting a drama in Hong Kong.

"So girl, how have you been?", i asked stuffing cheesecake in my mouth

"Hell, the shooting process was hard and i had to take dance and martial arts classes there. I wished I had listened when you propose to teach me", i just laughed

"Seem to be enjoying my misery, how about you?"

"I've been tired lately after shooting the drama and I'm going to Korea next month, i will be joining a survival show and debut in a new girl group at headquarters"

"You mean you are going to debut as a singer under YG Entertainment Korea?"

"Yup"

"This is great; about the survival show, what's that about? I mean you can sing and dance"

"They want to get familiar with how Korean entertainment industry works"

"Ooooh, that makes sense. What about your career here?"

"I will be doing them both"

"Danm girl", we both laughed

After lunch with her my manager drove me home, i honestly don't know why he is always following me. Like he drives me everywhere if I'm not using my own car, sometimes he even drives my own car. Too much over protectiveness, but he is more of an elder brother I never had.

When I arrive home i found my dad busy with his work, my mom cooking and Shuxin lazily laying on the couch watching TV. Seems like she is free these days, i went to the kitchen and help my mom. I don't even know why she is cooking now at 3pm while they are going to eat at 7pm.

"I have an announcement to make", i said taking a bottle of water in the fridge

"What's up?", my dad asked stopping what he was doing

"I'm transferring to headquarters starting next month"

"Korea?", my mom asked

"Mmh"

"Why", Shuxin asked changing channel

"I will be debuting in an upcoming girl group there, so next month I will be joining a survival show so that i can be familiar with how Korean entertainment industry work. So here's the form for you to sign", i pushed the form infront of my dad to sign which he gladly signed

I'm surprised my mom didn't complain about me being away from home, we ate dinner while I explain to them about the survival show. The whole week went on fast and i was preparing for the competition, it was not hard since i already had some choreographies that i made these past months so i just mixed them and then all that was left was to compose a song that i will sing there.

The second week i went to visit Shuang at her house, she have been having hard days lately with what her ex boyfriend said about her on social media and audio posted. When I arrived I found her in pyjamas and we watched TV while we catch up, she was kind of sad that i was going away and she have no one left by her side but i promised her that the minute i get a chance I will come and visit her and the moment I'm allowed to move out at home we will stay together.

I feel sorry for her because she have lost too much weight and everyone is veiwing her as a bad guy since only one side of the story was told. I did ask her why don't she defend herself and she didn't have any energy to do it since her words might get twisted, we cooked lunch and I'm thinking of sleeping over. The whole night along was fun and we took lots of pictures and videos, she also helped me write my song.

I left the following day in the morning and went to my agency to show them the song, we agreed to record it. The whole month went on fast with me preparing and teaching Lusi to dance and spending as much time i can with Shuang. The day finally came that i was suppose to leave to Korea, i woke up in the morning around 8am and everything was already packed and all the documents I will need at the airport.