Chapter 28|Untitled

Yena's pov

Our comeback have been announced and it is next month on the 11th of November, we have been preparing and back to dieting. The whole month of October we have been busy shooting Ezoni cam and attending some tv shows. These past weeks everyone have just been busy with their own lives since we didn't have anything to do and they hardly gave us any schedules.

Most of our schedules where solo schedule, tonight we decided to do a vlive together. The whole vlive ended up being chaotic and Eunbi unnie didn't know what to do so she just let us be, after the vlive we had dinner together at my dorm. I have been noticing some strange events lately so I decided to interrogate the culprit, I took my phone and texted her since she was busy with her phone.

"I have been noticing some strange events lately"

"What is it?", she looked at me

"A black car outside"

"Kikiki...you will grow grey hair"

"Don't care, what's the story?"

"A friend"

"Who drives?"

"Hahaha...very funny"

".......??"

"Trust me you don't want to know", she texted shaking her head

"If you say so"

I dropped the topic since she didn't want to talk about it, as our comeback was approaching so was a storm. We usually spent our days at Swing Entertainment except on weekends, a week before our comeback a scandal broke out about vote ridging. At first we all tried to ignore it and watch on the sideline but it got worse to a point that even police were involved, so apparently Mnet ridged the votes during produce 48 for the final line-up.

It was stressing and all our promotions got cancelled, the investigators did come to our dorm to ask us some few questions and we all answered honestly. Somehow we felt like criminals and disappointed that all our hard works have gone into drain since netizens were boycotting us. It was stressful and the mood at the dorm was not good at all, we did tried our best to cheer each other but it was just not the same.

I did felt sorry for those who were robbed the chance to debut but nothing can be done, we have already debuted. Soon after X1 terminated their contracts and most of our agencies wanted to terminate our contracts too and it was so frustrating. They called a meeting with us and our agencies and we all expressed our desire to continue with iz*one though some agencies were reluctant they respected our wishes.

It's just a year and four months left, what's the big deal? They told us that everything will be decided when the storm have calmed down. Everything have been cancelled and we were all just watching people attack us online, at the beginning it was not that bad but it started to take it's toll on us mentally. We didn't even want to go out scared that people will look at us in bad way.

The person who had it worse was Chaeyeon, her being Chinese added flame due to the ongoing conflicts between Chinese and Korean netizens. We all tried our best to comfort her, we knew that even though she always put on a brave smile infront of us she always cry herself to sleep everyday. She even lost too much weight, I felt sorry for her.

Today I woke up at 4am in good mood, I woke everyone up and they complied even though they were angry. After changing to our sports wear we went to jog at Han river, we crossed the bridge and went back by the river and watch sunrise. We jogged back to our dorm around 6am and took shower before eating breakfast, that was refreshing. We decided to do this often, my parents called me everyday since they couldn't stop worrying.

Many produce 48 producers ended up being arrested, my problem was that the longer this situation go on the more our names get dragged down too. There was no way to avoid this because it was being talked on streets, tv, radio and internet. It was like a shadow, always hovering around it's owner. I for myself did come to term with what was going on, I did go out with Yiren and Onda a lot and they cheered me up.

We all tried out best to find something to do to distract us from what was happening around us, the worse thing for other girls was that they couldn't go home to their families due to the ongoing investigations. But lately they have been discussing ways to send everyone home safely for a time being until everything calm down, the one who won't go home is Chaeyeon since her issue is more complicated.

The problem is that if she goes home in this situation the more she will be attacked so our management left everything in her agency's hand since we all know that YG Entertainment always have mind of their own different from everyone, who knows they might even send her home if they want. On Saturday I woke up and packed my backpack and our manager drove me home, I just felt a sense of security.

Today when I woke up iz*one was on hot trending list, I went online to check and found that both Sakura, Nako and Hitomi went back home early this morning but there was no news about Chaeyeon so I'm guessing she is still here in Korea. It's been two weeks since we last saw each other, I took my phone and texted Chaeyeon if we can meet at my house which she didn't mind.

After sending her my home address I went and tell my parents that she is coming tomorrow, later on my mom sent me out to buy food with my brother. I choose to drive and he didn't mind, we went home late in the evening. I woke up at 11am in the morning and take a quick shower and clean my room then went downstairs to eat breakfast, Chaeyeon will be coming around 12pm so my mom was busy preparing food.

I decided to ditch breakfast seeing the food that my mom was cooking, I will eat lunch along with Chaeyeon. When she arrived I was shocked by how much weight she have lost in just two weeks that I last saw her, I didn't want to bring it up because I know that she might be going through rough patch emotionally since she is the most targeted member out of 12 of us.

I don't know why though but she is always being attacked, even if the mistake was done by other members they always find a way to link it to her. I know that Chaeyeon always say she doesn't follow Korean tabloids or media but we know that she does, she just don't want us to worry about her but seeing her like this I was  surprised.

I did expect her to be affected but not like this, she might have lost more than 8kg and she had already lost weight prior to our comeback. I'm am kind of worried for her, I introduced her my parents and they seem to like her. We played game with my brother while my mom finish cooking, I told her not to eat breakfast when she come. After a while my mom finished cooking and served food.

"Chaeyeon-nah, Yena told me you were adopted", my mom said

"Yeah, I was adopted when I was 5 years old here in Korea"

"Oh, really?", my dad asked

"Yeah"

"Which orphanage?", my mom asked getting interested

"I don't know, I never asked but I know that it's here in Seoul"

"You have a unique birth mark", my mom said and I was kind of surprised because I have never seen it

"Ahh, how did you know? People never notice it"

"I spotted it while you were twirling your hair behind your ear", she smiled

"Wah, you are the second person to notice it without me saying", she just smiled

Ok that was weird, I didn't know Chaeyeon have birth mark but my mom spotted it on their first meeting. Am I that ignorant? I took my phone and texted Eunbi unnie about it but she also didn't know. Chaeyeon left around 4pm and ever since then my parents have started acting stange.