Chapter 71|Is Chaeyeon Crazy?

Sakura's pov...

Today I am going to Japan for my solo schedule for Elle Japan magazine, the weather is warm so I just changed to my blue denim shorts with a black crop top. After putting on my black combat boots I completed my look with Chaeyeon's watch and bag, I haven't gotten a chance to wear them since my birthday.

After saying goodbye to the girls I left with our manager and went to Incheon airport, I posed for media and went in. After boarding my flight I fell asleep, my manager woke me up when were about to land. The moment i landed I had to go to the shoot since I'm only here for 3 days and I have other schedules too.

The first part of the shoot ended in the evening and we went back to the hotel, to say I am tired it's an understatement. I am exhausted to a point that when I arrived at the hotel I fell asleep right away without eating. When I wake up in the morning I took a hot shower and my manager brought me breakfast.

"Have you checked internet?", he asked putting food on the table

"Internet? Do I need to?", I asked confused

"You might want to", he responded sitting down

"But I didn't  do anything though....
..", I said refreshing my page and I didn't get to finish my statement due to the headlines I saw

"And now?", he asked with his eyebrow raised

"I'm innocent, it's a gift from a friend", I swore but he just shook his head

"Is she crazy??", I thought out loud browsing the headlines

"Sakura appeared at the airport wearing a wopping million dollars patek philippe 2499 watch", "Sakura's $5 567 000  Patek watch and almost $20 000 Hermés bag", "Netizens questions Sakura's worth after appearing at the airport wearing a watch worth millions of dollars", "Is Sakura promoting Patek Philippe? Netizens ask after she appeared at Incheon airport wearing a watch worth 5 million dollars", "Is Sakura flaunting her wealth? Netizens complain about her showing of her wealth on useless things instead of donating to those in need"

#chaebolsakura
#Patek×Sakura
#mamawithpatek
#cancelsakura

As I was watching the headlines things were escalating right before my eyes, this is crazy. Ahhh!!!!!!! Chaeyeon-nah I am going to kill you when we meet. The company kept calling and I just told them that I didn't know it is a gift from a friend that I received on my birthday. So the company released a statement to avoid things from spiralling out of control.

"Hello this HYBE, Sakura's management company. We have noticed the situation happening online and we have discussed with her about it, the watch Sakura was wearing at Incheon airport going to Japan is not bought by her personally. It is a gift she received from a friend on her birthday and though she knew the brand of the watch when she recieved it she didn't look into it but just took it as any watch, the friend who gave her the watch didn't say anything about it so Sakura was unaware of the price and only found out today on internet. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience we have caused.

Thank you

HYBE"

The storm settled down on internet but people were wondering who gifted me the watch, Lord have mercy on that child because when I meet her there will be storm. After my schedule I went back to Korea, the girls and our staff kept asking about the  watch so I told them the truth that it's from Chaeyeon and showed it to them and we googled the model.

I swear to God my heart dropped when I saw the price, I know to Chaeyeon money is nothing but I just don't understand why she gave me a million dollars gift. I texted Yena so that we can meet tomorrow for lunch and she agreed, on Tuesday since we didn't have any schedule I woke up at 11am.

After taking shower I ate breakfast and join the girls, Chaewon went home in the morning and she should come back in the evening. Yena came to pick me up around 3pm and we went to a restaurant near my dorm, we ordered food while discussing the issue

"You know your sister will be the death for me?", I said faking pain

"Why?"

"The watch"

"Trending?"

"Mmmh, I don't understand why she bought me that expensive watch", I said making space for the waiter to put our food

"....maybe she have her reasons", she responded smiling

"Do you know something?", I asked looking in her eyes but I couldn't get anything

"She never tells me anything, maybe if you ask her she will tell you. Let's eat, food is getting cold", she said picking up her chopsticks so I dropped the topic and talked about something else

After our lunch I went back to my dorm and continue my day about, I didn't stop wearing the watch I just wore it occasionally but mostly at the airport. I must admit that I love it. I have to say I am waiting for Chaeyeon's upcoming album.

Yena's mini pov

Well I am not lying, I honestly don't know why Chaeyeon gave her the watch. But what I know is that I also want one, when I arrived home I just took shower and cook since no one was at home. I have been preparing for my comeback lately around November and I can't wait, this year I have been invited to MAMA.

Since Eunbi, Yuri, IVE, HI-GLs and AKB48 have been invited too it feels more like IZ*ONE reunion at MAMA just without Hyewon, Minju and Chaeyeon. After cooking everyone came back and we had supper, I didn't want to stay up late since I have a shoot tomorrow so I have to rest. After saying goodnight to everyone i went to sleep, see you later.