Chapter 5|The Maknae

Chaeyeon's pov

We came back at 6:30am and i went straight to take shower and I changed to black sweatpants with black hoodies and flops and then went to the balcony to call Shuang. We talked for a while and then went to join the girls from the other dorm for breakfast. We sat down to get to know each other and Jia is the eldest then Miyu, Chaemin, Jimin, Saeron and Seojong who is older than me by 5 months and then me Chaeyeon "Tong Tong" the maknae.

We went out after and they showed me around, we went back to our agency and they helped me perfect my performance.

"Danm, seems like like our maknae ist our main dancer and can also be our main vocalist and rapper", Chaemin said and we both laughed

"Thank you"

"Serious though, i feel like you will be a threat to them when you get there", Jia said patting my head

After that we went back to our dorms, my last evaluation was monitored by my sunbaenims; Blackpink's Lisa, Winner's Mino and GD Oppa along with AKMU's Chanhyuk. I was scared but they motivated me in all kinds of ways. Finally the day arrived for the competition my nerves were killing me, Jia unnie came and woke me up at 4am in the morning and help me check if I have packed everything necessary and medications in case I get sick while i was taking shower.

I put on my long black Adidas pants with a black Dior sleeveless crop top with Chanel blazer and black Chanel sneakers them I finished my look with a messy bun. When I went to the living room the girls were already done cooking breakfast.

"Danm Tong Tong, you really look H.O.T", Chaemin said and we both laughed

"Good luck, go and represent us well. We will be cheering you up here and voting for you, don't get sick and stressed. And there might be some negativity here and there but don't waste your energy on it, that little posivity that you will be getting let it manifest and create brighter and optimistic days for you there", Jia unnie said while patting my head

"Baby-Monsters Hwaiting!!!!"

"Hwaiting!!!", they both cheered me on

Our staff came and fetch me at 6:00am and i was totally nervous, my palms were sweating. After signing in at CJ ENN I was waiting for my agency to be called and unlucky me i was number last. Each passing minute felt like eternity and i was nauseous, finally I was told to be ready. My agency logo flashed on the screens and the directors told me to go in.

I walked in and my legs felt like jelly, my knees were wobbly but i had to calm my nerves and pretend I'm walking on red carpet in China and that's when my nerves calmed. The trainees were just standing and looking at me and it made me uncomfortable.

"Annyeonghaseo", i greeted them bowing and they responded while sitting down

I walked to my seat which was number 42 and i greeted the girls next to me and then the competition started, i was impressed by how talented these girls are. Someone who caught my attention was Sakura and Hitomi, i hope to be close to them. The other girl who caught my attention were Yehua Entertainment trainees because it have another branch in China and i also saw a Chinese girl, i think her name is Yiren and i really hope we get along really well.

Finally it was my turn and i went backstage, i drank water and then went on stage

"Annyeonghaseo YG Entertainment, Yu Xiaotong Chaeyeon imnida", introduced myself to the judges bowing

"You have already debuted as an actress, why the second time?", one of the trainers asked

"Starting from the beginning I trained to be a singer but i ended up debuting as an actress, it is my dream to be a singer and i hope I can achieve it"

"Show us what you've got"

Trust me the whole 2 minutes of performance felt like like i was the only one in that place, i felt free and happy. I wanted more and more, after my performance people were clapping and i was kind of shy.

"Gamsamnida", i said bowing

"For and actress I must say I'm impressed, i enjoyed your performance", Judge 1

"Thank you"

"Your vocals are stable, it was a worthy performance to watch", Judge 2

"Thank you"

"We will give you A"

"Thank you"

I went back to sit down and the competition went on, i must say I'm impressed by Yehua trainees and Yena stole the spot light and I kind of like her too. And oh my god Yiren, she is beautiful. Finally the day ended and we went to the dorms, (TT) they took our phones. I was honestly missing home and my friends, i started to wonder if I made the right decision.

The next day at 6am they woke us up for morning run and I'm greatful for the girls for always waking me up in the morning to run. After excersise we went to shower then breakfast, we rehearsed the theme song and the choreography. It was kind of hard since i couldn't speak Korean so after learning the choreography while memorizing the Japanese lyrics, i took the paper and went to an empty hall way.

I started to breakdown the lyrics into romanized form since i couldn't read them, i sat there the whole day trying to memories them for evaluations in the evening. I even skipped lunch, I finished at 4pm and went to take shower and wear the black shorts and pink top that were provided for us. I walked to group A's room, and most people were already there.

I sat at the back and take a little nap to rest a little bit and to calm my nerves while waiting for the evaluation to start, i was leaning on the wall with my head on my hands on my knees when someone tapped me. I woke up and it was Yiren

"Hi, I'm Yiren", she spoke to me in Chinese

"Xiaotong but you an call me Tong Tong"

"How are you?"

"Tired, i have been trying to memorize korean lyrics. I'm scared I might forget"

"Don't worry relax, you will be fine. Just focus on enjoying the moment and everything will be fine", she said hugging me and i swear to God i felt a pair of eyes piercing my back and i wonder who it was but i didn't turn

"Thanks