Part 2

Let me know what you think, thanks in advance!

~MidniteFanfic

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The two boys walked lightly through the garden, following stone pathways through mazes of white roses. While Alois seemed determined to prance across every single stone of the garden, Ciel appeared to be quite content to stroll lazily, stopping occasionally to appreciate a particularly fragrant or beautiful flower. After several minutes they arrived at the benches and table where Ciel regularly took afternoon tea. Upon seeing the dining area, Alois took off running, tossing himself down upon one of the nearby iron garden benches, looking up at the sky as he laid there.

"So, what it is then Trancy? Did you drag me all the way to the gardens only to sit here?" The blonde sat up, patting the bench lightly beside him and Ciel rolled his eyes, sighing softly as he sat beside him. "We could have sat perfectly well in the study and played chess if you're so keen to play games..."

"I hate chess. And anyway, those aren't the kinds of games I want to play." Trancy smiled at Ciel deviously, fiddling with the button of his jacket. Ciel raised an eyebrow, fingertips instinctively reaching towards the eye patch that concealed his contract. It had become habit, any time he felt unnerved by a situation he needed to feel that patch, to know it was still there, and behind it, the contract with his demon, always there, waiting.

"No?"

"No." Alois scooted closer to Ciel, crossing his legs at the knee, leaning his chin upon his fist as his arm rested over the back of the bench. "I want to play truth or dare." he said softly, studying his companion a moment, waiting for his response. The bluenette immediately shook his head, preparing to stand once more and make a hasty exit.

"Truth or dare? No, no I'm not playi-" Alois grabbed Ciel's hand, pulling him back down onto the bench, holding the hand tightly in both of his own.

"Pleeeeeeease Ciel? Come on... " Trancy begged, batting his eyes, pouting his bottom lip, doing his best to make himself as childlike and innocent as possible. "I know you have secrets; I have secrets too! We have the same secret...." Alois flicked out his tongue, flashing Claude's contract seal. Ciel jerked his hand away, felt for his eye patch again, a quick glance at the blonde, who giggled incessantly. His eyes wandered for a moment, glancing around them to ensure their privacy. "Our butlers are our shared secret... and I want to play truth or dare!" Ciel sighed and leaned back against the garden bench, fingertips pressed lightly against his temple, trying to decide if he was going to be able to get out of this.

Sebastian watched from the second story window, hands working silently as he buffed the silver to a mirror shine. He listened, trying to scan for anything important, noting how his Master's fingers so delicately fiddled with the patch. This was a habit Sebastian had come to know well. Any hint of aggravation or discomfort brought Ciel's hand to his eye, as though seeking comfort in the knowledge of the demon bound to both protect and serve him. The thought of it made Sebastian smile, his Master seeking comfort in the demon who would devour his soul in only a little while longer. He licked his lips, looking down at the little Lord in the garden. He had been so patient, but surely it would only be a little while longer until... a light tap at the door caught Sebastian's attention and he turned. "Yes?"

"Mister Sebastian...." Mey-Rin curtseyed and stumbled her way into the study. ".... Mister Sebastian I saw we have company in the garden, I did.... I thought to make some refreshments... but I'm no chef..."