Part 48

Nearly a week had passed before the package arrived, a lovely white box, secured with a royal purple bow, card attached sealed with red wax. Sebastian accepted it at the door, eyebrow raised and flicked the edge of the card. He was sure he knew who this expected package came from, but it smelled of the tailor shop, and Sebastian reluctantly brought it upstairs to the study. When he knocked and entered the room, he found Ciel seated at his desk, diligently reading through paperwork. As he looked up, he smiled broadly, eyeing the box in Sebastian's hands.

"Very good... a little later than I had anticipated..." Ciel stood, reaching out a hand to his butler, still smiling. Sebastian looked over the package once more as he approached, offering it to him.

"My Lord... might I ask... what precisely is this much anticipated package... and who is it from?" Ciel grinned and plucked the note from the side of the box, breaking the seal with his finger and examining it closely.

"Ciel;

I had it altered for you, Madam Red kindly provided your measurements. I do hope to see you in it at the ball. Look for me, I'll be looking for you.

See you soon,

Alois Trancy"

"You may ask, but it isn't going to do you any good. You'll see later." He took the box with him as he returned to his spot behind the desk, seated once more, acting as nonchalant as possible. "What is the schedule for this evening?"

"Dinner at five, and it appears you have no pressing arrangements for this evening." Ciel smiled, pretending to go back to his paperwork, acting disinterested.

"Very good. And... the servants?"

"It would appear they are at their leisure tonight. I believe I heard Mey-Rin mentioning an overnight stay in town." Ciel smirked down at his paperwork, initialing a page, moving onto the next. "I believe they'll be leaving shortly after supper."

"Indeed. After supper I'm to be undisturbed." Sebastian nodded and bowed.

"And... after dark?" Ciel's smile grew, and he blushed, finally looking up at Sebastian. He didn't speak, only smiled at him, then looked back to his work. Smiling himself, Sebastian bowed once more, leaving him the room.