Part 23

It was barely first light when Ciel woke, and he found himself alone in his bed, his arms wrapped tightly around his bitter rabbit, and he yawned, pushing the stuffed toy away. He rolled over and stared up at the ceiling, fingers reaching up to feel a sore spot at the side of his neck, and discovered a small wound, nothing more than scratch, but he smiled a bit as he felt it. Sitting up then, he lit the candle on the nightstand and let turned towards it, looking himself over. There had been perhaps half a dozen marks leading down from his jawline to his waist, the once fading bruise on his hip now dark and prominent again. His smile grew and he wrapped his shirt around himself, reaching out for his plush rabbit and cuddled it close, resting his head on top of its floppy ears.

He wasn't sure why he'd woken up, but he could see the sun peeking through his curtains, and there would be no use in sleeping now. He was sure there was something he was supposed to do today, some event he was supposed to attend, but could not for the life of him remember what it was. Wondering if he'd be able to find a way out of it, he fiddled with the rabbit's ear, and it wasn't long before he heard the familiar tap at the door. A smile curled his lips, and he hid it behind the stuffed toy, looking over to the door to see Sebastian poke his head around the corner.

"Young Master, you've risen early." Smiling, the tips of his fangs visible, he let his eyes wander his little Master a moment before making his way over. "Earl Grey this morning. Would you prefer a blueberry scone, or..."

"A scone." Ciel still hid behind his toy, fingers playing idly at it as he watched Sebastian serve his breakfast. Sebastian pretended not to notice, going about his duties before approaching the bed, looking down at his Master, the hidden smile still visible in his eyes. Sebastian chuckled and offered his arms, and Ciel tossed the rabbit aside, reaching his thin arms up, allowing himself to be lifted from the bed and wrapped in his butler's arms. He nuzzled into Sebastian's neck and the butler held him for a moment, feeling his scant weight, the little body in his arms warm and inviting. After a long moment he set Ciel on his feet next to the bed.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes. Very well, actually. There is something on the schedule today, is there not?"

"There is indeed. This evening is Lady Elizabeth's costume ball." Ciel deflated, rolling his eyes and reaching for his tea.

"Can't I beg off? I hate costume parties..."

"You just hate dancing. She's already sent over your costume..."

"She chose me a costume?!"

"She did indeed..." Sebastian went about straightening the bed as Ciel sat in the lounge chair, his eyes trained on his butler as he moved about the room.

"Have you seen it?"

"I have."

"She didn't choose a dress..."

"No, although I think you'll wish she had." Sebastian winked and disappeared into the washroom to draw a bath.

"What!? What's that supposed to mean? Bring it to me. Now."

"Young Master..." his voice echoed from the washroom and Ciel stormed in after him, hands balled into little fists at his side.

"You'll bring it to me."

"Bocchan..."

"Now, Sebastian." Sebastian smiled, amused at his anger, and knelt before him, slipping the open night shirt from his shoulders, letting gloved hands ghost over his shoulders and arms. Ciel shivered and tightened his expression. "Sebastian!"

"Little kitten..." he whispered softly, pulling him close, a hand tightly gripping his ass, the other stroked his cheek softly. "You will see it. You will wear it. And after the ball, you will wear it for me." Ciel's eyes widened, his expression softening into meek surprise. He put his hands against Sebastian's shoulders and lowered his head a little, nodding softly. "Very good. Now, let's get you ready for the day."