Part 22

Afternoon turned to evening, evening into night and the manor began to fall silent. The servants, having finished their duties for the day, retired to their rooms, and Sebastian pushed a serving cart down the hall towards his Master's room.

Ciel had been waiting, his mind reeling as he knelt in the center of his bed in his night shirt, picking at his sleeves as he let his mind wander. Part of him rejoiced in the idea of being swept up in Sebastian's arms once more, feeling the sensation of his cool touch and hot breath. The other part of him was a shade away from terrified, knowing that each encounter brought him closer to crossing a line that he would not be able to step back from, and the fear of what that might bring. When he heard Sebastian's light knock, he cleared his throat, quickly adjusting himself in the bed, kneeling primly, his head tilted a little to one side, bright, mismatched eyes shining in the darkness.

"Come in, Sebastian." The butler poked his head in with a little smile and entered, closing and locking the door behind him. A quick glance to Ciel and he smirked, seeing him posed there on the bed, and did his best to keep his eyes averted, knowing full well that, should he let his eyes linger, that hunger inside him would well up once more.

"Young Master. A little tea before you retire?"

"I want a brandy." Sebastian smiled a little and turned away, preparing a glass.

"Perhaps..."

"Brandy, Sebastian." His smile grew as he pulled the decanter and beveled glass tumbler from under the cart.

"Yes, my Lord." Ciel moved to the edge of the bed, still kneeling, and waited for his drink, eyes fixed on Sebastian as he poured the drink and approached, holding it out for Ciel to take, just a little out of his reach. The bluenette furrowed his brow, reaching for it and Sebastian pulled it back from his grasp, a smile curling his lips.

"Sebastian." Ciel's tone was petulant, and he reached out for the glass again only to have it pulled away once more. Sebastian met his gaze, eyes fiery crimson as he tucked the glass behind his back, smirking at him as he stepped closer to the bed, wrapping an arm around Ciel's waist, pulling him close. The little Earl gasped as he was pulled in, hands pressing to Sebastian's chest as he looked up at him, feeling suddenly wary and vulnerable. He looked away, reaching behind Sebastian's back for the glass, and retrieving it this time, but the powerful arm around him held him close, pressing him against the butler's lean torso. Sebastian clicked his tongue at Ciel, shaking his head a little as Ciel struggled against him for a moment.

"Tsk, tsk... don't you know that good things come to those who wait, little kitten?" Ciel pulled away from the embrace, snatching the glass away from him and sitting back on his heels. He looked down into the glass, his cheeks turning a pale shade of pink and felt a hint of anger at being manipulated into the embrace. He took a little sip, wincing at the first taste of it, and held the glass in one hand between his knees as he finally looked back up at Sebastian, who stood still, a devious smirk on his lips.

"You're feeling awfully bold, don't you think?" Sebastian only smiled, hands by his sides as he awaited an order. "Presuming to touch me without permission." His voice was quiet, but stern and he took another drink, his eyes narrowing as he looked Sebastian up and down.

"Do I need permission to touch what's mine?" Sebastian began to slip off his gloves, and Ciel watched with rapt attention, quickly finishing his drink, and thrusting the glass out to be filled once more. Sebastian only looked at the glass, eyebrow raised, and tugged one glove back on, taking the glass and pouring another nip of brandy into it before offering it back. Ciel took it and crawled back towards the center of the bed, crossing his legs beneath him as he sat, the hand that wasn't holding the glass buried in the length of his night shirt.