Part 70

Back at the manor, Ciel sat in his bed, wrapped in his favorite night shirt, which just so happened to be one of Sebastian's dress shirts. He fiddled with the long sleeves, trying to be covert as he watched Sebastian disrobe. Mismatched eyes wandered over Sebastian's back, noting his strong shoulders and trim waist, stopping to admire his finely muscled ass. The butler slipped on a pair of white undershorts and approached the bed, lying down across it, arms above his head.

"Today was a long day, kitten." Ciel nodded, still looking him over. He could see the demon's strong abs, slim hipbones protruding from the waistband of his shorts, indiscrete bulge of fabric hiding his resting member. Ciel gave a half smile, biting his bottom lip and looking away when he felt himself react to the sight before him.

"What was that about, Sebastian? What was Claude talking about?" Sebastian sighed and rolled over on his side, looking up the bed towards Ciel.

"Kitten..."

"Tell me." Ciel whispered, pulling his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. "You've been keeping secrets..." Sebastian shook his head and crawled up the bed towards Ciel. He sat with his back against the headboard and pulled Ciel into his lap, wrapping his arms around the young Earl, cradling him gently.

"I... was biding my time. I didn't want to upset you." He kissed Ciel's temple gently, untying the eyepatch string and tossed it aside, revealing the amethyst eye that bore his own seal of ownership. "And... then it never seemed like the right time..."

"Why... would it upset me?" Nervous now, Ciel shifted on his lap, running his hand through Sebastian's hair, brushing it behind his ear. Sebastian remained quiet for a while, caressing Ciel gently, stroking his cheek before Ciel spoke, pushing the issue. "What happened to Beatrice?"

"You know what happened. I told you." The demon replied simply, shrugging.

"No, you told me you killed her..."

"And that is what happened to her." Sighing deeply Ciel sat back to look in Sebastian's eyes, a frustrated frown turning his lips.

"Sebastian stop being difficult. Don't make me ask a million ways... what happened to her?" A long moment of silence went on between them before Sebastian spoke, his voice quiet and contemplative.

"She fell in love with me. She wanted me to breach the contract, and I declined. She took matters into her own hands and breached it herself." Sebastian stopped, wrapping his arms around Ciel, resting his chin on the bluenette's head, keeping him close. "She wanted desperately for me to love her. I couldn't. Wouldn't. And... she wasted away. Over the course of a few months. And she died." Ciel listened, resting his fingertips in the curve of Sebastian's collarbone. When the butler remained silent, Ciel whispered.

"You didn't kill her..."

"Yes. I did. She was suffering." Running fingers through Ciel's hair, Sebastian sighed. "I couldn't watch her suffer that way any longer. I don't know how long she would have lived, had I not taken her life." It was Ciel's turn to be silent, fingering Sebastian's collarbone still, chewing at his bottom lip as he contemplated.

"Did... I breach the contract?" Ciel asked softly, a little quiver in his voice, fearful of the reply. The demon sighed softly, smiling.

"No, kitten. You did not... I took care of that for you." The young Earl leaned back, looking at him curiously.

"So... I'm not going to... waste away?" The demon gave a melancholy smile and shook his head, lifting Ciel's chin with his finger and kissing him tenderly.

"No, kitten. You have a rather long life ahead of you." Ciel frowned, placing a hand on his butler's wrist, still not quite understanding the implications.