Part 30

Days and nights passed, and Ciel found himself at his desk in the study, flipping through the mail from the day before when he came upon an envelope with an unwelcome red wax seal baring the mark of a black widow spider. He felt the pit of his stomach drop down to his knees and quickly tucked the envelope into his desk, checking the time on his desk clock. It was not yet teatime, Sebastian would be busy in the garden; he hopped up from the desk and made his way across the room quickly to lock the door, then bolted back to the desk to retrieve the letter.

"Phantomhive,

I'm disappointed not to have heard from you since the party, I thought surely you'd have missed me. I've missed you.

It's interesting, isn't it? How things change between a Master and his butler as the contract evolves. All the little nuances along the way are half the fun. I'd love to discuss them in detail.

Let me know when you're ready to play another game.

Deepest Regards,

Alois Trancy"

Ciel sat back in his chair as he read the fine script, his cheeks beginning to bloom pink as he found himself feeling exposed by the insinuation of the letter. He sighed deeply and shoved it to the back of the desk drawer, standing once more, looking out the window. He could see Finny at one end of the garden, Sebastian at the other. Sebastian held a basket filled with full bloom white roses, Ciel's favorite. Finny held hedge clippers and looked like a threat to himself and everyone around him. Ciel unlocked the door to his study and slipped down the hall, sneaking away to the library, digging amongst the stacks for something to take his mind off the letter. It had been difficult enough to keep his mind off his butler and on his work, and this wasn't going to make things any easier.

Afternoon to evening, evening into nightfall, Sebastian tapped lightly at the door of the study and found Ciel piddling with paperwork at his desk. When he entered, Ciel set his paperwork down, glancing at the desk clock and raised an eyebrow. He'd been staring at the same page for over an hour, but his mind wasn't seeing the paperwork before him. He adjusted himself in his seat a little, demurely trying to hide his erection as Sebastian approached, bowing as he stopped beside him.

"Young Master. Are you ready to retire?" Ciel thought for a second, letting is sapphire eye look Sebastian over from head to toe.

"I would like a brandy." He said quietly as he stood, looking up at Sebastian, wearing his most serious expression, but the look in his eye gave him away. "I want to play a game." A smile crept slowly over Sebastian's lips and he placed a gloved hand at Ciel's hip, bowing his head.

"Yes, my Lord... shall I bring it to your room?"

"Yes. Don't make me wait."

Children's Games (a Sebaciel Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara