Part 35

Ciel wandered the halls of his manor, stopping occasionally to look at the paintings of his predecessors, the family he lost so many years ago. He spent the early part of the morning exploring his home, before finding his way to the library, where Sebastian was studiously dusting the shelves. When Ciel entered, Sebastian peeked over his shoulder at him and smiled.

"Young Master. Spending today in the library?"

"No, but I'm glad to have found you here. I need you to bring me Alois Trancy." Sebastian stopped, turning to look at Ciel, who was selecting a book from a nearby shelf, pretending to be unaware of Sebastian's distain for the request.

"Master..."

"You heard me. Bring me Trancy. I need to see him today." He glanced over his shoulder at Sebastian, who stood motionless, holding a book in one hand and a feather duster in the other, eyeing Ciel carefully.

"Claude will not allow..." Dismissing the objection with a flick of his wrist, Ciel looked back to the shelf, running his fingers over several books before pulling one from the shelf.

"Alois does as he pleases. You will bring him here. If his butler must accompany him, then so be it, but keep him out of my sight."

"I worry more about keeping you out of his." Sebastian muttered as he placed the book in his hand back in its home.

"Never mind your worries. Just bring him to me." Ciel took his book to the red velvet sofa, sitting lightly, curling his legs beside him. Sebastian stepped forward, the tone of his voice a shade away from pleading as he once again tried to deny the request.

"My Lord, I really cannot condone..."

"Sebastian." He felt the pull of their contract and closed his eyes a moment, stifling a little moan before opening garnet eyes to see Ciel once more. "You will bring him to me. Today. That's an order." Sebastian bowed, hand over his heart, but his eyes showed his anger. He sneered as he spoke, his voice dripping with disgust.

"Yes... my Lord." He sighed and exited the room, leaving Ciel by himself in the library.