Part 7

Things are starting to pick up! Thanks for sticking with it! Please comment if you enjoyed it!

~MidniteFanfic

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ciel heard the clink of the cart and looked up from his feet quickly, hand moving to his amethyst eye, fingers brushed across his bare cheek and he looked down again. Grateful for Sebastian's sudden interference, he felt simultaneously horrified that his butler may have been listening, may have overheard the insinuation of an affair. Sebastian noted the look of relief and unease bundled into one and made a conscious choice not to address it... yet. Alois was wiping tears from his eyes, still laughing a little. A single glance at Sebastian brought on another round of giggles, though this one was quickly stifled with a sharp look from the butler.

"Young Master." Sebastian bowed, hand over his heart. "Lord Trancy." A little sneer as he addressed the blonde boy, as though the name alone tasted foul on his tongue. He turned his back to them, beginning the well-rehearsed routine of afternoon tea. "I've prepared afternoon tea early today. Early Grey and-"

"There will be no afternoon tea." Sebastian stopped short as he moved to serve them, pausing for a moment, his back to them, a pleased little smile on his lips. It was as though his young Master read his mind. Yes, exceptionally good. Be gone with you, foul child. "Sebastian, escort Alois to the foyer and call him a carriage."

"Yes, My Lord." He turned to the young Lords then, offering a hand to Alois, who stood beside them speechless for a moment, sky blue eyes wide, soft mouth forming an "O" of shock. Ciel looked over at him, the smallest smile curling his lips. I thought you liked surprises Trancy... He thought as Sebastian waited for Alois to take his gloved hand. "Come, Lord Trancy. I'll call you a carriage straight away."

"What? NO! Ciel..." Alois stood there, hands balled into fists as he looked from Ciel to Sebastian and back again. "We were playing a game! You said we would-"

"We've finished the game. I'll be in the study. I have work to do." Ciel stood, took a moment to gather his bearings before starting the journey back to the manor. As he swayed a little on his feet, Sebastian swept to his side, one gloved hand placed at Ciel's waist, the other at his shoulder. At the firm but gentle touch Ciel jerked away, stumbling a little to one side before steadying himself. "I'm fine. Don't touch me." He said quickly, quietly, a little glance over his shoulder to see if Alois had been watching. "See to our guest, then come find me. I need to speak with you." Ciel looked up at Sebastian, who looked at him with brow furrowed in concern, his hands now a breath away from actually touching the little Lord but prepared to steady him if necessary.

"Of course, Master." Sebastian bowed again, turning back to Alois as Ciel made his way back to the manor. Trancy stood indignant, hands still fisted, his eyes glaring at the butler.

"You. Why must you interfere?" he hissed quietly. The butler merely smiled as he approached the enraged little Lord.

"Because your dealings with my Master are my business, as it is my business to see to his best interest." Sebastian took another step closer to Alois, who moved away, turning to go after Ciel. The butler reached out a hand, snatching Alois by the upper arm, jerking the young boy closer to him. "Your presence here is not in his best interest, and neither is that of your treacherous butler." Their faces so close, Alois almost considered sticking out his tongue and licking the tip of butler's nose but thought better of it. "This will be the last time you are a guest at this manor. Do you understand me, Spider?" Sebastian's eyes flashed violent red as he whispered the thinly veiled threat. Alois stepped back, jerking himself away from Sebastian's firm grasp, straightening the sleeves of his jacket angrily.