Part 72

Grell sat back from Ciel's cinematic record and sighed quietly, shaking his head. William stood behind him, hand resting on the back of Grell's chair as they reviewed it in the library.

"Shame." William said, shaking his head, straightening his jacket as he stood.

"Isn't it?" Grell sighed loudly and closed the book, looking up at William. "Do you think it was worth it?"

"For whom? Both of them wound up dead."

"For love?" Grell asked. William shook his head, adjusting his glasses and turned away.

"No. I don't think so."

"I think it was." Standing, Grell picked up the book and carried it back to the shelf where it would reside for all eternity. "It's probably the greatest love story of all time, you know. A demon falls in love with his Master, his Master with him, and it kills them both. Like Romeo and Juliet." William scoffed loudly, looking back to the red headed reaper, and rolling his eyes.

"I don't know that I'd go that far."

"You're not a hopeless romantic." Grell laughed quietly and threw his arms around William, who sneered and shoved him away.

"Get back to work. You have souls to reap." Grell shrugged and smiled, following him out of the library.

"Yes, well, perhaps I shall go on the hunt for love once more... I do love a good romance..." The door to the library thumped closed, lock clicking over afterwards, securing the stories and games of a million ruined souls, a demon and his Master's among them.

The End