Part 8

Back for more? I like it.

~MidniteFanfic

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ciel carefully made his way upstairs to his study, making several stops along the way to steady himself. His head was reeling, not only from the drug, but from the information he received. He felt dirty, as if violated somehow by Alois's touch, Claude's offer, and Sebastian's covetousness. All these things made him feel like little more than a toy to be played with and tossed away or traded for the latest, prettiest version. He shuttered as he thought of it and stopped for a moment in the hall just outside the study, leaning there with one hand braced on the door handle, the other against the door itself. After several moments he stood of his own volition and went inside, finally reaching his desk chair and collapsing into it.

Mismatched eyes closed and he pressed his fingers into his temples, resting his elbows on the desk before him. The pleasant pressure against his temples made him smile, small goosebumps rising on his flesh. He still wasn't feeling quite himself, but certain it would pass soon he laid his head on the desk, keeping his eyes closed, enjoying the moment of silence and solitude.

It wasn't long before Sebastian reached the study, knocking softy on the door to announce his presence before entering. Ciel didn't respond; he didn't need to. The tea tray clattered quietly as it came to rest beside the desk the young Lord was leaning on. He did not open his eyes; the sounds made his head reel. He heard the soft clink of a saucer as Sebastian sat the cup down beside him. The butler's voice was soft, exceptionally quiet for the sake of his Master.

"Bocchan, I've prepared Earl Grey, and lava cakes for your afternoon tea."

"Very good, thank you, Sebastian." Sebastian stopped, looking down at him... Ciel never thanked him for such trivial things. The little Lord's eyes remained closed for a moment, only to open with a glassy haze that made Sebastian smile a little.

"My Lord... if you are not feeling quite yourself you can retire... your schedule has been cleared for the evening." He had taken care of that before he brought the tea, knowing his Master was fundamentally finished for the day. Awaiting a decision, Sebastian pressed a hand softly against Ciel's back, just between his shoulder blades. The young Lord sighed softly, closing his eyes again.

"Yes. Yes, I think that may be for the best.... My head feels... odd." Sebastian nodded and left his Master's side to return the tea cup to it's place on the cart. He pushed the cart swiftly across the room and brought it to rest just beside the study door.

"Of course, Bocchan. I'll be sure you are undisturbed." Sebastian once again approached the little Lord, who looked up at him from his seat, sapphire and amethyst eyes half lidded and trusting. He stretched his arms up to the tall butler, who smiled kindly and bundled his young Master up into his arms like a blushing bride. Ciel leaned his head against Sebastian's shoulder, one arm thrown loosely around the butler's neck, the other resting softly on his chest. As the butler shifted his young Master in his arms, he leaned close, leisurely taking in the scent of him like a fine perfume. Ciel closed his eyes, lips curling into a nearly imperceptible smile at this, and he did the same. Sebastian always smelled a little of wood smoke and spice from the kitchen, only occasionally smelling of the roses he gathered for the dining hall. The young Lord sighed softly as Sebastian carried him from the study, comforted by the familiarity.

Both were silent as Sebastian carried Ciel down the hallway. Ciel's thoughts were racing, and Sebastian caught a few phrases as he listened, trying to gauge how long it was going to take to repair the damage done by Trancy's little game. Ciel seemed almost aware of the intrusion, and cleared his throat quietly, rubbing his contract eye with his fist as he yawned. Sebastian stopped prying. It seems I shall have to go about this the old-fashioned way, then Ciel replaced his hand on Sebastian's chest and sighed deeply, drifting into something reminiscent of sleep