Part 5

We're getting juice now!

~MidniteFanfic

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Truth or dare?" Alois turned towards Ciel, now glassy eyes gazing at him, a half-smile on his lips. The blonde glanced down at both of their glasses, and with a little more than half a glass of lemonade left, it was no wonder that Ciel was still holding himself together relatively well.

"Dare." Ciel sat up straight, awaiting his dare, hoping beyond all hope it wasn't going to be something he'd regret later.

"Finish your lemonade. All of it." Trancy smiled, sitting up a bit more himself. Ciel raised an eyebrow suspiciously, then raised the glass to his lips and began to slowly drink. After only a few swallows he began to lower the glass, but the blonde wasn't having it. He slipped his fingers under the bottom of Ciel's glass and tipped it up, nearly choking the younger boy with the sudden flow of sour liquid. "All of it, Phantomhive." He ordered, smiling as Ciel choked a little on the last swallow, a slow drop of lemonade trailing down his chin, which he quickly wiped away with his sleeve.

"My God Trancy are you trying to drown me with it? What's the matter with you?" the young Lord coughed a few times, then set the glass down on the table beside them.

"Relax, it's all part of the game." Alois giggled and finished his own glass, setting it beside Ciel's. "So now it's my turn.... and I choose...... dare."

"Can I dare you to go home now?" Ciel smiled, slouching down a bit on the bench, feeling a bit more at ease suddenly, though for the life of him he couldn't figure out why.

"Cieeeel..." Alois let out a loud, exasperated sigh and Ciel laughed, hand raised as he shook his head. Trancy looked over at him and smiled. It wasn't often one had the opportunity to see the great Lord Ciel Phantomhive truly smile or laugh. After taking a moment to capture that image in his mind, he joined in the laughter, and by the time they had begun to settle down, he'd forgotten where they had been. "Did I say truth or dare? Shit... uh... truth."

"Does Claude know you're here? Did he bring you?" The blonde went quiet a moment, looking back up at the sky, crossing his ankles and linking his fingers across his scant chest.

"...I'm sure he knows I'm here... he always knows where I am. But no, he didn't bring me. I brought myself. I am a dignified royal after all, I can come and go as I please..."

"You brought yourself?" Ciel scoffed and leaned back himself. "Of course you did. And walked all the way, I'm certain. I thought this was TRUTH or dare, not lies and dare." Alois shot him a look, sky blue eyes stormy in the heat of the moment.

"Shut up Phantomhive, I did too bring myself. I called a carriage." Ciel smiled halfheartedly and nodded, still not entirely convinced, but willing to accept the answer. "Alright now you. Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Alois smiled deviously, turning to face Ciel, elbow thrown over the back of the bench, head resting against his palm. Time to stir things up a bit... he thought.

"Alright then.... did you know...." The blonde made a show of looking around, ensuring their solitude before lowering his voice to a whisper, leaning close to Ciel so that only he might hear should there be unseen observers. "Did you know that Claude tried to buy you from Sebastian?" Ciel jerked his head towards Alois, his visible eye widening, pouty mouth forming an "O" of surprise. Just before he could utter a word, Alois smiled lightheartedly and continued. "And that's a 'no' if I've ever seen one. Alright... my turn... I choose dare."

"Wait! Wait, no! No that's not fair Trancy, you can't just-" Alois raised a hand, cutting him off curty, a matter-of-fact expression on his young face.

"I can and I did. It's in the rules."

"Damn the rules, you have to tell me! What happened? How do you know? Why the hell would-" Ciel turned to face him, raising his voice in frustration as his mind raced. Alois clapped a hand over Ciel's mouth quickly, silencing any further argument and eliciting a muffled sound of protest.

"Shut up, Phantomhive! If you yell any louder that nosey butler of yours will hear you. And anyway, you know the rules. ONE question per turn." Alois was loving this, watching his companion become flustered, seeing his calm demeanor slip under the effect of the drug. Ciel looked almost panicked as he went over the words in his mind, everything felt so bright, his thoughts racing and ever so slightly skewed, he shook his head to clear it.

"No. No, you have to-" Trancy narrowed his eyes, lips curling into a defiant sneer.

"I don't have to do anything. But perhaps I could be convinced..."

"What is it then? What do you want? I'll see to it personally-" Ciel stopped rambling as he felt Trancy's fingers dance slowly down his cheek and slip under his chin, making him tense up and lean away just a little, raising goosebumps on his flesh. Alois smiled and leaned in a little closer, capturing Ciel's chin between his thumb and forefinger as he tried to look away.

"Would you?" The blonde asked softly "Would you see to it personally, Phantomhive?" for a moment the younger Lord was speechless, he pulled his chin away, and would have moved further away from the bench he hadn't already been pressed to its arm. He cleared his throat, licking his lips and tried to seem unbothered, but Alois saw right through it, he grinned and bit his lip, giving Ciel a little wink.

"....yes... yes of course just... just tell me what you know..."

Sebastian stopped dead in the hallway, listening. He didn't listen in on all of his Master's thoughts and conversations, although he was perfectly capable of doing so. This time he could feel the rise in his Master's temperature, blood pressure increasing that usually preempted a command. He heard him arguing over the rules and relaxed a little, this was typical of the spoiled little Lord. But the voices grew quiet then, a whisper of secrets. The raven-haired butler didn't care for that at all. There was still a bit of time until he'd be prepared for afternoon tea... only a little longer. He bustled about, gathering everything he should require. I believe it's nearly time to be done with this little game.... truth or dare is hardly a game for a young man with such secrets as my Master's...