Part 57

Ciel paced the library, looking for a book with little to no interest in his actual choice. His mind focused in on Sebastian, and the several strange men in his bedroom. He had felt the brunette watching him and was positively delighted that it infuriated Sebastian so. This was the greatest rise he had managed to get out of his butler yet, and he was sure that now he would be awarded the attention he so clearly thought he deserved.

Alois had been right. Things had changed, regardless of how adamantly Ciel denied it. He felt it, that flutter when Sebastian approached, the tension when he was handled, and the longing to feel bare, cool hands pressed to his skin. He shuddered at the vivid memory and smiled, standing on his toes to select a book. Yes, things were different now. He found himself waiting to be alone with his butler, and when they were finally alone, he was speechless and awkward in a way he didn't quite register as being associated with attraction, lust or love.

In his mind he saw his plan working out perfectly. He would flirt with the worker, harmless, of course, resulting in Sebastian becoming so jealous he would sweep the young Earl off his feet and ravish him the moment they were alone. Ciel laughed quietly to himself and found a hand mirror on the table, spending a little time primping before hurrying out the door and down the hall.

_________

Ciel took a deep breath before opening the door to his room. He saw the handful of workers fiddling away, having made great progress in his absence; they didn't notice him. Sebastian sat at the game table, legs crossed at the knee, fingers tapping impatiently on the arm of the chair, looking terribly bored as he watched them. Crimson eyes glanced to the door and he stood quickly, bowing as Ciel stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

"Young Master... I apologize for the delay, perhaps you could allow more time to..." Ciel raised a hand to negate the apology and slowly moved across the room, retrieving a pair of thin, black gloves from a table near the door. He tucked the book under his elbow and slipped the gloves on, looking over the workers with feigned interest.

"That's quite alright." Ciel flexed his fingers in the gloves, smiling coyly at Sebastian, then snapped his fingers, making all the workers look up at him. "You, there. Who are you? Give me your name." He looked directly at the brunette, crooking a finger at him in much the same way that Sebastian had. The man paused a moment, and a slow smile began to spread to his lips as Ciel took another step towards him. He glanced around quickly to find Sebastian, who looked positively furious, and then grinned up at Ciel.

"Me? Name's Falkner. James Falkner..." Ciel nodded to him and continued, putting on his best spoiled noble attitude.

"Mister Falkner. How much longer will you be here?" James leaned back on his heel, letting his eyes trail slowly up Ciel's body before he met the Earl's sapphire gaze.

"I ain't no foreman... Gonna have to talk to..." He started to motion back towards another man, who stood, but the young Lord waved the discrepancy away and continued.

"I asked you, Mister Falkner, not him." James gave a surprised smile and looked back at the foreman, who shrugged and went back to work. Ciel tapped his foot impatiently, bottom lip caught between his teeth, watching with a lingering glance. James smiled up at him suggestively and licked his lips as he prepared to speak. He heard Sebastian clear his throat loudly and looked over to him, catching the butler's infuriated gaze and an arrogant smile curled his lips.

"Shouldn't be much longer... just gotta finish settin' the frame and do a cleanup 'for the crew brings in the new beddin'." James tried to sound as professional as possible, and some of the men snickered at the show. Ciel smiled down at him still. "We botherin' ya with the noise?" Sebastian rolled his eyes and stood glowering at the two of them, gritting his teeth.