Part 41

Ciel heard the soft knock at the door and smiled, still looking out the window as darkness fell. Sebastian entered and made his way over to him with the cart, serving drinks without a word, eyeing the petite bluenette as he sat there, legs crossed at the knee, hands resting in his lap. Moments of comfortable silence went on as Sebastian set two wine glasses on the table before Ciel. The young Earl finally turned to look at him, an eyebrow raised curiously as the glasses before him.

"My Lord, Madam Red has gifted you a lovely sweet red wine. I've also prepared a brandy, if the wine is not to your taste. And..." he took the silver cover off the platter on the cart, revealing a beautiful chocolate cake, painstakingly decorated with white icing roses. Ciel's eyes widened, and he smiled brightly. "... I've prepared a lovely desert as well. Devil's food, with buttercream icing, along with strawberries and cream."

"Very good, Sebastian." He picked up the wine glass, taking a little sniff, smiling into the glass as he took a drink. "Mmm. Splendid." Sebastian bowed graciously, then filled his own wine glass, taking a seat across from Ciel at the game table.

"What game would you like to play this evening, Bocchan?" Ciel set his glass down, tenting his fingers together, looking over them at Sebastian.

"I don't want to play children's games..." Sebastian raised an eyebrow, lifting his own glass to take a little sip, enjoying the wine.

"Very well. Then how shall we spend our stolen time?" Ciel was quiet for a moment, knowing this was the step that was going to lead him past the point of no return. He stood and approached Sebastian, wine glass in hand and tapped the butler's knee lightly with his fingers. Sebastian looked at him curiously but uncrossed his legs, resting his arms on the chair. Ciel sat lightly in his lap, crossing his knees and placed his hands gently on Sebastian's thighs as he situated himself comfortably. Sebastian smiled, placing one hand on Ciel's slender thigh, the other reaching for his own wine glass. "Did you have another game in mind?"

"No." Ciel said simply, loosening his butler's tie, pulling it gently from around his neck and tossing it carelessly on the game table.

"I see..." The bluenette tried to calm himself, drinking down a fair portion of the wine to renew his courage. Sebastian's smile grew, and he slipped a finger under the band of Ciel's eyepatch, gracefully sliding it off over his head, tossing it beside his tie.

"I thought... perhaps..." Ciel set down his glass, unbuttoned Sebastian's collar and the two buttons below it, sliding his fingers over his collarbones gently. "... as a reward... I might let you decide how we spend the evening." Looking at Sebastian, the young Lord smiled his sweetest smile, delicate fingers gliding softly across Sebastian's skin. He raised an eyebrow, a smirk curling his lips at the gentle touch.

"Master... how very generous of you..." Sebastian pushed Ciel's collar aside, pressing his lips softly to the side of his neck, making him quietly. Ciel closed his eyes, leaning into the gentle touch, bottom lip caught between his teeth. "Are you certain?" The young Lord sighed softly and rolled his eyes at the suggestion of insecurity.

"I am. You deserve my gratitude." Ciel reached for his glass, draining it quickly, then met Sebastian's gaze. "I am no easy Master... I am fully aware of your exasperation at my orders when they run contrary to your interest. And although I do not often say so, I am grateful for you and your service." Sebastian smiled awkwardly, not quite sure how to respond. "I want you to know that I do give you consideration... I don't just run about willy-nilly, doing as I please, although at times I know it may seem as such." Staying silent, Sebastian listened curiously, and offered his own glass to Ciel, who took it, and drank deep. "I do have my reasons... for Trancy." At the name, Sebastian leaned back in his seat, sighing quietly.