One Shot Bonus (lost count lol)

Mornings were the best part of the Shukla household. Sona woke up before anyone else, and and crawled into her mumma and Papa's bed, and laid down right in between them. That time was dedicated to Sona, because the little one was in school now and needed all the attention at that time. She loved how her papa picked her up and laid her down on himself so that he could hold her mumma too. Then at around 7, her mumma grabbed her little brother and brought him to bed too. Sona loved him, even though sometimes he irked her because of how much he clung to her mumma, but she loved him nonetheless. Mostly because her mumma involved her completely while she tended to him. Sona picked out his clothes everyday, and held his bottle as he drank his milk, and she helped her papa give him a bath and then helped him pick out his clothes too.

Sona was the center of everything in the house. Even her daadi was taken by her. Even though her mumma made breakfast, Daadi had to sit and eat with her. And her favourite part of her entire day was the storytime. Sona was a sassy, smart and the funniest little girl. And her mumma and papa were beyond sure that she was exactly like her daadi too. And her daadi helped her meditate, being a toddler was hard, however, because of how much there was to explore. Her mumma or papa drove her to school every morning, and she loved that her Nini or Babaaz picked her up. Her evenings were spent with her cousins and buas, and her baby brother tagged along too. Being a part of Sona's little world, it was shiney and sparkly and so absolutely wonderful.

It was early in the morning. Affe was shoved into her cheek and her blankey had trapped her in bed. She let out a little whine and rolled out of bed. There was desperate and hurried need for her to be in her mumma and Papa's embrace. Her tiny feet, bare and cold from the floors padded across to her mumma and Papa's room. She opened the door sleepily, and her brows furrowed down into a frown. Only her mumma laid in bed, curled up on her side and in the middle of the bed. Papa was missing. Her eyes widened and she left Affe and the blankey on the floor and ran towards the bed.

"Mumma! Mumma utho! Mumma wakey!" She shrieked, patting her mumma's face. Her eyes widened as they opened.

"Kya hua? Kya hua?" Her mumma sat up. She looked like a teddy bear, Sona noticed. She was in an adorable night suit. It was satin soft and gentle - a spaghetti top and matching shorts. They were an old pair, and not something Sona was used to... But they were adorable. She struggled but climbed into bed to sit in her lap.

"Papa is missing. Kaha gaye?" She yelled loudly and urgently, grabbing her mumma's face. Her mumma's wide eyes shrunk in size and she let out a breath, relaxing.

"Night shoot tha papa ka. Shayad extend hogaya." Her mumma mumbled, tying her hair up into a bun and then grabbing her phone to look at the time. It was only 4:45am.

"Inti jaldi kyun uth gayi baba?" She asked in a sleepy voice.

"Yaha nini karna tha. Lekin papa chahiye!" She said, her bottom lip quivered and then her big eyes filled up, her cries rang out in the room a second later.

"Sona chup. Rohte nahi. Aayenge thodi dher mein. Shh." Her mumma whispered, clutching her to her chest and laying back down. Sona kicked around and cried harder and her mumma let go of her, laying her in bed and sighing. Her phone, she had to call him. Sona looked towards her mumma and noticed how she wasn't coaxing her and holding her and cried louder, climbing into her and flapping her arms around in a tantrum.

"Sonniya, agar tera haath mumma ko laga toh maar padegi. Aise gandhe bacche karte hai." Her mumma said, wagging her finger at her. It made Sona's heart drop into her stomach. She didn't think her mumma would get angry. She just wanted her to give her some more attention than she was. She knew she had to fix this. She quietned down and laid flat on top of her mumma, her head was shoved into her cushiony chest and legs on the either side of her thin waist.