~FORTY ONE~

Her hands shook as she scrolled down the article to find the video.

"Sidharth please." She cried, her voice almost inaudible, she bent forward and held her head to his hands, crying.

"Kyun nahi bataya yeh sab?" His voice finally came out, it was shaking and broken. He didn't even look at her. Shehnaz didn't notice that day, he had tears flowing down his face. Her heart sank. The world was seeing him like this.

"Mujhe kabhi bhi mauka nahi mila." She whispered.

"Ek saal aur 8 mahinon mein tujhe mauka nahi mila mujhe yeh batane ke liye? Aur kya kya chupa rahi ho? Ha? Kuch aur bacha hain jaan ne ke liye? Dhoka kehte hain isse. Maine tujhse kuch nahi chupaya. Naa chahte hue bhi tujhe mere zindagi mein jagah diya. Tujhse shaadi ki. Meri maa ke kehne par. Unko bhi dokha diya na tu ne? Woh sab joh tujhse itna pyaar karte hain. Unko bhi dokha diya na tu ne? Maarna chahti thi apne aapko? Toh kyun kiya tune yeh shaadi? Apna naam mithana chahti thi inn sab mein se? Bhaagna chahti thi na waha ke zindagi se? Toh soch liya hoga ki isse shaadi karlungi toh at least kahi pe rehene ke liye jagah miljaayega. Haina? Yaha pe bhi issiliye aana tha na tujhe? Apna naam clear karna ke liye?" He said through gritted teeth, gripping her painfully hard. A silent sob left her mouth.

"Sidharth aise kyun bol raha hain? Please ek baar meri baat sunle. Please." She cried, she winced at the pain she felt in her arms with how hard he was gripping on her, she knew his hands would leave marks there.

"Maa..." She started.

"Maa math keh unhe. Kuch nahi lagti woh teri." He said. Another soft cry emitted from her throat

"Sidharth please." She begged him, holding his face. His hands harshly threw her away onto the floor, her crouching down didn't let her get much hurt.

Shehnaz clicked off the video and pulled out the earphones and cried silently into hands. Things were falling apart, when they were finally falling into place, everything was falling apart. She heard him shifting and tossing, his arm spread out, looking for her.

"Kya hua?" His sleepy voice mumbled, when he saw her sitting figure. She wiped away her face swiftly and laid back down next to him.

"Kuch nahi. Idhar aah." She whispered, opening up her arms for him to lie in. He smiled with his eyes closed and moved closer to her, resting his head on her chest and laying on his stomach. She wrapped her arms around him and stroked his back.

"Soja." She mumbled, kissing his head softly. She wanted him to sleep well, tomorrow carried a harsh storm. They were supposed to go out tomorrow to Kushal's party. They were supposed to have fun. She was going to meet his friends. They were going to have a good time. But no, they never seemed to be at complete peace. She pressed soft kisses to his face, and held him sweetly. She held him till he was deeply asleep and moved off of her and onto a pillow. She wanted to cry. She picked up her phone and left the room. There was pin drop silence in the house, Asad was asleep in the guest room and maa in hers. She made her way to her room in the dark with stubborn tears flowing down her face. They wouldn't stop. She knocked on the door to her she heard her voice say "haan?"

She pushed the door open and let out a cry. Maa swiftly looked at her and sat up in bed.

"Aye kya hua? Roh kyun rahi hain?" She asked hurriedly.

"Maa yeh log kitne gandhe hain.." she cried handing her the phone.

"Kya hua baccha?"

"Sidharth ke baarein mein dekho kya likha unhone. Woh aisa nahi hain. Woh toot jaayega yeh padke." She cried. Maa stayed silent as she read through the article and then played the video. She gasped loudly, she had seen the video before but watching it again with Shehnaz sitting in front of her, with her head held in her hands, her heart broke.