~FIFTY FIVE~

August 3rd, (34 weeks) 8 months pregnant.

Shehnaz could hardly breathe, she sat in bed, with the baby pushed into her ribs, she had her head thrown back, feeling incredibly weak. Her body was feeling the pressure of carrying, incredibly too much. And she often felt a cramping painful feeling inbetween her legs and sometimes in her abdomen. She sighed loudly as she rubbed the oil onto the skin of her stomach. Her stretch marks were not that visible but they were there. All over her body. Her legs cramped up and she was so exhausted for not being able to sleep all night. Her breasts were extremely heavy and full, her feet were swollen to the size of infinity. Her cheeks popped out of her face, and she looked adorable.

"Chipmunk hain tu meri." Sidharth would tease her.

There were 3 more weeks till her stitches would be taken out. Dr. Janki constantly assured her that she would be okay and so would the baby. But she was also warned that anything would happen from this point on. Her heart was crippled with fear with every waking moment. She could hear the voices from outside, so many people in the house, and her head was throbbing.

"Motto.." Shehbaz knocked on the door.

"Ajaa." She mumbled heavily, pulling her nightie down and covering her legs with the blanket just as he opened the door.

"Kya ho raha hain bahar?" She asked him, struggling to push herself further against the headboard.

"Decoration." He grinned, pinching her cheeks.

"Yeh le. Daadiji ne kheer banaya aur Sidharth ne boost." He said, putting the glass of milk and the bowl on the table and rolling it to the bed. She felt like throwing up at the smell of it. She scrunched her nose up and put a spoon in her mouth and gagged.

"Kheer nahi jaata andhar Baaz. Ulti hojayegi." She chortled.

"Pata hain. Sidharth try kar raha tha bolne ki lekin woh poora ajeeb awkward hogaya aur chupchaap decorate kar raha tha." Shehbaz laughed.

"Bechara. Kheer khake uske upar ulti kardiya maine." Shehnaz shuddered at the memory making Shehbaz laugh.

"Tu khaale kheer. Phir daadiji boora maanjayegi." Shehnaz said sheepishly.

"Koyi na. Khaa lunga." He grinned, sitting on the bed.

"Qiran chali gayi?" She asked.

"Nahi. Naina aur Sidharth ke saath hain." He shook his head and scooped and ate up the kheer in a few minutes and then proceeded to massage her swollen feet.

"Thank you." She huffed and threw her head back in relief.

"Tu theek haina? Evening ko baith sakegi?" He asked, worry clear in his voice.

"Haan haan. Aaj subah bathroom jaane ke baad bed se uthi bhi nahi. Aur sab aaye hain ghar pe. Sidharth kamre se bahar jaane bhi nahi deh raha." She sighed.

"Sahi hain. Bacche khud rahe hain harr jagah. Lagg gaya toh? Soja Motto thodi dher." Shehbaz said.

"Haan." She whispered, her eyes fluttered with the utmost exhaustion. She slid down and turned to her side, sliding the quilt over her.

"Sidharth ko bulayega thodi dher ke liye?" She mumbled, closing her eyes.

"Haan. Soja." He mumbled, patting her head lovingly and walking out of the room. The door opened a few minutes later, Sidharth walked in, the kids followed in. He was slightly bothered, but they were kids, there wasn't much he could do. He could hear Neetu shouting for them to come back out from outside.

"Hi bacchon." Shehnaz smiled brightly, he instantly brightened up.

"Maami. Do you want something to eat?" Abhi asked sweetly with his accent.