~eight~

*The Last Week in Shukla Household.*

Naina and Shehbaz sat in the living room at Naani's house. It was almost 10:28 and their stomachs churned waiting for the episode. They saw the promos for it the day before, naani was in the kitchen with Meena, she seemed to be trying to avoid watching the episode. The promos had their head churning.

"Naina ek vaada kar." Shehbaz said.

"Kya?" She asked.

"Mere sir pe bandhook rakhke tu mujhe film city drive nahi karayegi iske baad." He said, a little smile on his face.

"Meri phat rahi hain abhi aur tujhe mazaak karni hain. Sanu kyun itna rorahi thi? Amma meko attack aajayega." She whined.

"Tu Motto ki tarah baat kar rahi hain." He giggled.

"Chup reh gadhe. Meko tension ho rahi hain." She gasped. Before he could respond, the prelude of Bigg Boss played and she swiftly turned to the TV.

"Iss episode ke clips laya tune? Sanu and mama ke?" She asked.

"Haan." He said, and for the first time, his voice shook.

"Abey bhaiya tu bhavuk math ho. Hum dono royenge toh baad aajayega." She said, trying to make him feel better.

"Naani!" Naina called out and she stepped out of the kitchen and walked out, sitting next to Shehbaz on the couch. She sighed loudly. The episode started off simple, the morning song, the dance, something in the kitchen, an argument between Asad and Parag and then the announcement for the task. Naina nerves were acting up now, the housemates got ready and walked out and started their task. The set up was excellent, she thought to herself.

She noticed that the only people who were being targetted and their ladders were being broken were her mama, Sanu and Asad's. She groaned, this just meant that mama's annoyance and anger would be beyond manageable now.

"Agar meri seedi tooti toh sabki tootegi." He roared, just like she thought. And he did exactly that, turned over every box and destroyed them. A fight broke out where all the ladies came at him, shoving and pushing him, screaming in his face and then Shehnaz threw herself in between them even the accusations started.

"Uspe #Metoo ka case kardungi." She heard Leena say when Asad took Sidharth away from there and calmed him down. Naina scoffed in disgust.

"Aur woh bhains aajati hain beech mein humesha." Dey said enraging her. Naina turned to naani and she had a disgusted grimace on her face, just like hers. Shehbaz was fuming in anger.

Then the fight between Leena and Shehnaz took place, she splattered some clay on her face harshly and painfully after Shehnaz threw some water on her. There disgusting comments made by her made Naina's stomach churn.

While the others were yelling and fighting, Shehnaz was being held back by Asad and Sidharth. The scene panned towards Heera and Leena talking about Sidharth and Shehnaz, Naina could see her mama hugging Sanu behind making her sigh in relief.

"Dekha? Phir se chipak gayi." Dey's voice came. Another fight broke out between Shehnaz and Dey, the kind of things he just said to Shehnaz made everyone watching in that room, their stomachs churn and hearts drop. Naina didn't even know that there were tears flowing down her face and she was gripping so hard onto the arm of the chair till she felt the wetness on her cheeks. Naani was the same, her eyes were moist and she twiddled her fingers. But Naina's heart broke looking at Shehbaz, he looked angry and enraged, at the same time he seemed like he wanted to cry, so helpless, he wasn't there to protect his sister. Naina quickly got up and sat in between naani and Shehbaz, holding onto both of their hands.