~SIXTY TWO~

(Guys I'm changing the names of a few characters in the book because I'm portraying them in a negative light and it might cause a problem for me!)

The worst hits when least expected. Sidharth could feel Shehnaz shaking with her hand in his. He didn't know how to face life again and again when it did this. When it threw test after test at them. His eyes stung with tears. He had fallen in love with his little girl before she was even born, he remembered how he told Shehnaz that he wanted a daughter. One just like her. God had blessed them infinitely in the form of Sonniya, and now... Did this. He dragged her forward, to find her. Asad was pushed out of the way, Naina was clutched onto his arm. He felt slightly guilty for attacking him the way he did, but he'd do it over and over again. A hundred times again for his little girl.

"Stop crying. Stop fucking crying." He growled at Shehnaz, despite the tears that were flowing down his face. Shehnaz wiped her face away, he was losing his mind. She felt him, but one of them had to be sane. She was calling Shehbaz on the phone, he didn't answer. She bunched up her saree in her fist and walked in front of Sidharth. They walked into the garden area where the mandap was set up. The wedding had come to a standstill. Kunal was right behind them.

"Sana!" He called out, slightly apprehensive to talk to Sidharth. She turned around.

"Maine abhi manager ko bo..."

"Kunal sab Ruk kyun gaye hain? Muhurat nikal jaayega. Humare wajah se yeh sab math roko." Shehnaz said.

"Are you sure?"

"Haan." She nodded, wrapping her arms around Sidharth's arm, holding onto him tightly so that she doesn't collapse. Kunal nodded and walked away.

"Shehnaz... Sonniya theek toh hogi na?" He asked, his voice shook.

"K..kuch nahi hoga. Kya hoga Sona ko?" She whispered, trying to look around for anyone who had a baby in their arms.

"Sidharth? Shehnaz?" They heard someone else call out. Shehnaz cried uncontrollably when she heard her voice.

"Maa? Maa... Sona nahi mil rahi hain." Shehnaz sobbed, turning around to meet her. The rest of the family stood there along with Asad and Naina.

"Fuck this. Main police ko call kar raha hoon." Sidharth said.

"Sir! Sir! Police ko kyun call kar rahe hain? Humari security doondh rahi hain aapki beti ko..." A man in a suit said. He seemed to be the manager. Shehnaz let go and walked away, desperately trying to find her.

"Asad last tere paas thi Sonniya. Kaha hain ab?" Sidharth asked almost pleadingly.

"N..nahi. Mere haath... I'm sorry.. I'm sorry... Yeh mere wajah se hua hain. Kissi ne mere haathon se leliya. I was not paying attention, woh garam tha, I just didn't want Sona to get hurt. I'm so sorry." He explained desperately.

"Tujhe bilkul yaad nahi hain kisne liya?" He asked again.

"I swear bro. Kissi ne dhakka maara, woh waiter cups leke aaya tha chai ke. We were going to run into him. I held Sona up in the air aur chai merepe girra. Literally, look at my shirt. It was so hot, kissine haathon se leliya. My first thought was to get her away from there." Asad said, his voice cracked. Sidharth remembered the waiters in the maroon suits walk around with trays, with tea, jalebis and samosas, but he let anger consume him.

"Shouldn't fucking trust everyone you know." Sidharth muttered, walking away and after Shehnaz. His eyes were red, his body shook with fear. He wasn't sure he'd ever recover from this. He sprinted after Shehnaz, she was crying but didn't let that stop her from looking for Sona so earnestly. He grabbed onto her hand.