~FIFTY SIX~

'family is everything'

Shehnaz laid her head back and cried and sobbed, shivering and shaking uncontrollably as the doctor did a quick check up. She looked at her stitches and then at her vital. Sidharth stood helplessly to the side and watched.

"Please please. Mere bacche ko dekhna hai. Please jaane doh. Please. Woh roh rahi thi. Meri Sona roh rahi thi please." She cried.

"Shehnaz, you need to calm down. Warna BP fluctuate hoga. Please calm down. Sona is safe and protected... Abhi usko incubator aur NICU se bahar nikala toh usko khatra hoga. You don't want that right? Calm down." Dr. Janki said.

"Baby please.." Sidharth pleaded, wiping down her face.

"Main kaisi maa hoon? Woh roh rahi thi aur main chodke aagayi. Sidharth mujhe please Sona ke paas leke jau. Please!" She sobbed.

"Shehnaz you need to calm down. I'll give you half an hour, tumhe pump karna hain. Theek hain? We're leaving. You're okay Sweetheart. Your daughter is perfect, lekin khayal rakhna hoga na?" She said. Shehnaz nodded, Sidharth softly stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head. The doctors and nurses left the room, leaving them both alone to cope and to deal with this. Shehnaz was wheeled back into the room, she cried and her cries matched her daughter's when she was taking away from her mother. Sidharth and Shehnaz watched helplessly, scared as her little frail crying body was put back into the incubator.

"Baby Sona ko phirse dekhenge. Lekin abhi usko khaana haina? Please Shehnaz, please meri jaan... Pump karna hoga... Sona ke liye." He pleaded, his voice was heavy and her eyes were brimming with tears. Sidharth pushing down the handles and sat down on the bed, he wiped down her face and she finally looked at him, and that led to another gush of tears, another harsh cry left her mouth.

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry mere wajah se hua hain yeh." She cried. His heart broke. He moved forward and grabbed her face and kissed her lips.

"Listen to me. Tu humesha ek baat bolti hain, jab log tujhe bolte hain ki tu nahi kar sakti, tu woh karke hi dikhati hain. When the reports said that you were insufficient, aur tu nahi kar sakti hain yeh, tu ne karke dikhaya. Tu ne Sona ko protect kiya aur phir usko bahar bhi leke aayi. You did what they said was impossible. Sabse strong hain tu. Tu ne lada life se, lekin abhi, Sona waha lad rahi hain, humari bacchi ko humari zaroorat hain. Tumhari zaroorat hain. She needs milk. You have to pump. Okay? Okay baby?" He said, pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

"M..mujhe nahi aata pump karna." She whimpered.

"Koyi baat nahi. Yaha pe nurses hain, woh dikhayenge. Aur maine bhi dekha tha." He assured her, she nodded. He got up and pressed the button and a nurse walked in within minutes.

"P...pump karna hain." Shehnaz said, her voice cracked and shook with each word.

"I'll show you. Don't worry." She smiled sweetly and undid the knot of the hospital gown. She hooked up the electric pump to her breast, and turned it on, she demonstrated the hand expression to help the flow. Shehnaz listened carefully but looked visibly uncomfortable.

"Thank you.." Sidharth nodded in dismissal, once Shehnaz got a hang of it. The nurse nodded and left.

"Theek hain?" He asked, kissing her forehead.

"Mera dil toota toota sa lag raha hain. Mujhe feed karna tha. Yeh kyun ho raha hain Sidharth?" She whimpered. His heart shattered again.

"Kuch nahi hua. I'm so grateful baby, tu aur Sona dono theek hain. Ek photo dikhau?" He grinned, she nodded. He pulled his phone out and opened up the picture of Sona and showed it to her. Her eyes brimmed again as she looked at it.