~FIFTY FOUR~

Sidharth's eyes fell open to soft whimpers. His heart raced as he quickly sat up in bed. He touched her forehead softly, she was still asleep, her skin was normal in temperature, but she was sweating. He quickly lowered the temperature on the AC and pulled the quilt off and covered her with a thin sheet instead. Her shirt was ridden up and the waist band of her pants right under the round belly. He pushed the hair away from her face, it was stuck to the skin because of the sweat.

"Shh Shh..." He whispered, pressing a heating pad to her lower belly. It was just warm. Just enough. She moved back in her sleep, pressing her back against his front and laying her head on her spread out arm. His eyes fluttered close again, the sound of her painful sighs disturbed his mind.

"S..Sidharth.. main aaj naha sakti hoon?" He heard her sleepy voice after some time.

"Haan. Thodi dher soja. Main jaake geezer on karta hoon." He whispered, kissing her cheek.

"Nahi nahi. Idhar hi reh." She whimpered.

"Dard kam hua?" He asked.

"Haan. Lekin mere peit mein horaha hain. Jaha injection diya." She whimpered.

"Mera baby... We'll shower. Phir tujhe bada cup boost doonga. Okay?" He smiled, kissing her tired face. She let out a weak giggle and nodded.

"Mujhe usme badaam dalke dega?" She asked.

"Haan." He chuckled.

"Rani kab aayegi?"

"Das baje tak baby. Tujhe kuch chahiye?" He asked.

"Nahi. Bas pooch rahi thi." She said.

Three days after returning home, the stinging pain was still bothering her. She hadn't showered in 3 days, she just wiped herself down with a warm, wet muslin cloth a day ago with Sidharth's help. She wondered what she would have done without Sidharth. Rani was helping, she made her she was alright. But Sidharth almost kept her alive. He kept her from feeling dead on the inside. He'd hold her very carefully, or talk to the baby for minutes together. Her newest pass time was watching WWE matches with him, and clicking pictures of her bump, and him. Just yesterday, he stood on the bed and placed a few stars right above it. She either sat up in bed or laid down on her left side most of the time.

"Gandhi khushboo aarahi hogi na?" She pouted.

"No. Never. You smell like Vanilla ice cream." He mumbled, shoving his nose into her hair and kissed the spot.

"Mujhe nahana please." She whined.

"Okay okay. Main jaake geezer on karta hoon." He mumbled, kissing her cheek. He got out of bed and placed a pillow behind her back and then walked up to the door and locked it. He turned on the switch of the geezer and brushed his teeth, very fast, not wanting to leave her alone for too long.

"Ready baby?" He asked softly. She opened her eyes and nodded.

"Legs off the bed first." He said moving the pillow that rested under the bump. She held his hands and slowly sat up, her eyes were scrunched shut with the stinging pain she felt at the movement. He put the tub on the table and wheeled it closer.

"Aaj bathroom mein karloon please?" She pleaded.

"Nahi baby. Itna dher khada hona... Nahi. Nahate waqt khada rehna padega tujhe." He said, walking into the bathroom. She hated brushing on the bed into a tub, Sidharth was being extremely protective but she was really sensitive at the moment. Even going to the bathroom hurt her. She knew she needed it. She sighed and brushed her teeth quickly, spitting into the tub. He pulled out a fresh pair of clothes for her from the closet. He felt himself smiling as he did so. The tables had turned, she did it for almost 3 years for him, almost everyday. She'd keep his clothes ready, she'd make sure that he ate right, she'd make sure that he'd get his favourite food, she'd massage his feet, she did everything for him. For no reason at all. With no expectations at all. She took care of him almost as much as he was taking care of her now, when she was recovering from intense pain. And heading towards more.