~FORTY NINE~

6 months later...

Life was unexpected, scary, and filled with surprises. That's why it was life. But today's surprise was going to be great. Shehnaz and Sidharth were in marital paradise, so in love, so happy, and they fought. But those fights brought them closer.

They fought, alot, about the smallest things. She even left the room once, extremely angry after he told her to 'fuck off', he regretted it the next second and spurted out incessant apologizes, but she just threw her flip-flop that she wore at home on him and left the room. She was in a pink nightie, he was confident that she would just be in maa's room. And so he decided to give her some time, fifteen minutes of it, then he got restless and got up, out of his room and into his mother's, maa was asleep in bed already, all alone. Panic set forth in him, he looked for her in the guest room, the bathrooms, the balcony, everywhere. He frantically called her phone, she didn't answer. His panic went up with each second, his heart raced with anxiety, he called Shehbaz and Maahi and everyone he knew that she was close to, it completely slipped out of his mind that his sister lived right downstairs till he thought of calling Naina.

"Shit." He muttered, walking out of the house and slowly closing the door behind him so as to not wake maa up and made his way down and knocked urgently on the door. A very sleepy Preeti opened the door and asked him what happened. He asked if Shehnaz was down here and when she shook her head, he almost let out a frustrated scream. He barged very rudely into the house and looked in Ruhi's room, the little girl was asleep alone in bed, there was light glimmering from Naina's and he desperately hoped that she would be there. She was, laying in bed, very grumpily next to Naina who couldn't stop laughing.

"Aagaya Majnu." Naina giggled. Sidharth paced forward, he was sweating with anxiety, he crouched down next to the bed and gathered her into his arms, he was breathing heavily and she could sense the disturbance in his mind, her reluctant self melted as soon as he called her 'baby.'

"Kuch nahi hua. Yahi thi neeche." She whispered.

"Idiot. Gadhi. Ek ghante se doondh raha tha duniya bhar ke logonko call kiya maine. Are you stupid Shehnaz?" He screamed at her.

"Nahi. Tu stupid hain." She scoffed, still running her fingers through his hair.

"Get up." He said angrily,  pulling her out of bed. Naina was quite, he looked beyond angry, she wanted to laugh but she knew the situation wasn't right.

"Good night Nainu." She giggled, kissing her cheek as he gripped tighter onto her.

"Night Sanu, mama." She laughed, Sidharth didn't bother saying it back, he just nodded and dragged her out of the house. He was fuming with anger.

As soon as they got to their room, the door was locked and they spent the next fifteen minutes screaming at each other before he told her that if she was planning on scaring him like this, then at least prepare his heart to take it. She melted, like a puddle, a slimy puddle in his arms.

She pounced on him, kissing him senseless, he let out a breath and loved her too the fullest. Two hours later, they laughed at the fight, he was snuggled against her bare chest as she ran her fingers through his hair, soft snores and whiffs of warm air left his mouth and onto her skin, it comforted her in the weirdest way possible. She scrolled aimlessly through her phone when she realised that 6 months later, after their honeymoon, since they felt closer to each other than ever before, since they realised that they were it and beyond for each other, since then fell in love in a way they never had before, they were succeeding everyday. Everyday of married life, with acknowledged love, passion, intimacy, understanding and trust felt new and better.

The family bonded closer, maa felt her heart warm up at how happy her children were. They worked extensively, somedays were more tiring than others. They both had shot for one webseries together, the shooting for scheduled for a month and a half, after that experience they mutually decided to take a break from working together and work individually.