~TWENTY THREE~

Sidharth was sitting on the table and eating his lunch that arrived just a few minutes ago. Shehnaz sat next to him, not really talking much, she was picking on his shorts, on the words that were embroidered on it perfectly, she traced it with her fingers. Anita came and sat opposite to Sidharth on the table with her own plate of food. As soon as he started talking to Anita, she placed her tiny foot on top of his large one, stepping on it.

"Kyun kar rahi hain aisa? Mujhe tere pairon ke neeche dabake rakhna chahtha hain?" He asked her.

"Paironke kya, main tujhe mere sar pe bithake rakhungi." She smirked at him.

"Mujhe ya phir Vishal ko?" He said, irritating her. She stepped down on him harder, and then put more pressure when she heard Anita laughing.

"Acha sorry. Aah!" He yelped, when she pinched his thigh.

"Sana tu bhi na." Anita laughed again, making her roll her eyes.

"Sana tujhe kaise ladke ke saath shaadi karni hain." Anita asked her.

"Shaadi hi nahi karni hain." She said, scrunching her face up at Sidharth, who visibly looked offended.

"Ek dinn toh karegi na? Bol kaisa ladka chahiye." She urged her.

"Sidharth chahiye." She said.

"Huh?" Anita asked, clearly shocked. Sidharth choked on his food while Shehnaz patted his back, giggling.

"Kya hogaya baby?" She laughed.

"Shut up Shehnaz." He rasped.

"Nahi."

"Toh tu Sidharth se hi shaadi karegi? Usne toh bol diya ki woh uss tarah se like nahi karta." Anita said.

"Matlab Sidharth Shukla jaisa koyi mille toh bhi chalega. Isko chod dungi." She giggled.

"Excuse me?" Sidharth said, frowning his eyebrows at her.

"Tu toh nahi karega. Toh kya karun main?" She laughed. Was this the juloos she was talking about? Sidharth groaned loudly. If it was, then this was just the beginning.

"Baby please." He whispered, closing his eyes.

"Tu kya darta hain isse?" Anita asked him.

"Haan." He mumbled.

"Kyun pati ji?" Shehnaz fluttered her lashes at him.

"Bakwaas math kar Shehnaz." He groaned making her laugh and mumble a sorry.

"Mazaak kar rahi hoon." She giggled.

"Aur Sana, teri shaadi kaise hona chahiye?" Anita asked her.

"Shaadi?" She said, smiling brightly and biting down on her lip as Sidharth looked down at her, his annoyance seemed to have disappeared, his eyes were glinting at her, despite the situation it all happened in, he couldn't deny that it was the most beautiful day he had witnessed in his life, thus far.

"Bohot acchi hogi. Lekin sirf humare gharwale hone chahiye waha pe. Aur mujhe chahiye ki mera pati mere saamne jhuke." She laughed mischievously, leaving Sidharth red in the face.

"Aur?"

"Aur bohot unexpected hoga, aur bohot khoobsurat hoga." She said, because it was. Her marriage with him was beautiful and in the most unexpected way. She remembered it all like it was yesterday.

*

"Maa, ghoda chadne ki kya zaroorat hain? Woh girrjayega." Sidharth whined. He was nervous, he was beyond nervous. He was questioning every decision he made thus far that led him to this point. There was a sehera on his head, he was in a dark blue sheherwani, and he looked handsome.