~SIXTY~

Days went by incredibly fast with Sona in the Shukla household, so did Christmas, new year, Ruhi's birthday, her mumma and papa's anniversary and her mumma's birthday went by, she was the center of it all. 4 years of marriage, a child and a new house, life was successful for Sidharth. Especially when he woke up to the feeling of his 7 month old daughter smacking his bare chest, trying to wake him up. She was still such a tiny baby, she desperately wanted to crawl, but she couldn't even come close to it. He knew that if she got more frustrated, she'd cry uncontrollably. He opened his eyes to her laying on her stomach, her chest and head held high up in the air, blabbering loudly as if she was talking. He could hear the sound of the shower from the bathroom. Shehnaz had an ad shoot today for a campaign. Her first venture after giving birth. She had been going down to the apartment gym with Sidharth since the past month, shedding a huge amount of her post pregnancy fat. She was back to her form, but the difference because of being a mother was visible. Sona, now also had a pair of earrings in her little ears. Towards the end of December, the family had another gathering and had gotten her ears pierced, she cried for almost hour, till Shehnaz nursed her and put her to sleep. Sidharth had tears in his eyes for the rest of the day, he screamed at Shehnaz terribly. His daughter's ears and face were red. Shehnaz remained silent, her own stomach churned as she looked at her child, crying in pain. He calmed down later that night, and clung to Shehnaz and apologised. She understood him, what kind of a partner would she be if she didn't.

"Merese dekha nahi gaya. Yeh karna zaroori tha kya?" He asked, she held him sweetly in her arms.

"Agar badi hojati toh itne soft nahi hote na kaan, baby? Uss waqt aur zyada dard hota. Abhi dekh, kuch ghante roh rahi thi, abhi theek hogayi aur kuch dinn baad poora dard chala jaayega." She explained, running a hand through his hair and kissing his head.

Sona ate more solid foods than breastfeeding now, but her doctor suggested to continue feeding her till she absolutely denied to. She was slightly chubbier and bigger, she blabbered alot. Shehnaz would find her and Sidharth stowed away in different parts of the house, talking to each other incoherently, he looked embarrassed the first few times, for being a grown man, talking absolute, utter nonsense with his little baby. She could sit up perfectly now, with no support, she was frustrated with herself because she tried to crawl bit couldn't yet, but she lunged forward on her stomach if she wanted something, but failed miserably at moving from one spot to the other. And then she cried out of frustration. Just like now.

"Good morning sweetheart." He chuckled, picking her up and placing her on his chest. She blabbered incoherently and snuggled into his chest. He covered her and himself with a blanket, kissed her cheek and closed his eyes again. She was nich calmer now. The door clicked open and Shehnaz walked out, dripping wet with a towel around her. She didn't notice them, she looked so nervous. She pulled out a neon tshirt, a pair of dark blue jeans, a brasserie and an underwear. Sona noticed her mumma, she loudly blabbered and screeched. She turned around and smiled brightly. And even brighter when she saw that Sidharth was awake.

"Uth gaya?" She grinned, walking up to the bed, bending over and quickly pecking his forehead.

"Good morning baby.." He mumbled, a sweet, sleepy smile on his face. She ran a hand through his hair and looked at her smiling child.

"Mera kuddhu. Sona..." She cooed, picking her up. She made an incoherent sound and pressed an open mouthed kiss to her cheek. Shehnaz laughed, feeling her gums trying to grab onto her cheek.

"Tu kya tere papa wale harkath kar rahi hain.." She laughed. Sidharth looked up and laughed. She let out rapid breaths. Shehnaz hugged her closer and breathed her in deeply, her baby smell was everything, it was so amazing. She squished her face and kissed her mouth.