~THIRTY SIX~

The house felt empty with the connections gone, there were only 6 people in the house now. There were 2 more weeks left of this journey. The world outside worried for Shehnaz and Sidharth, they had fallen for a bond that no one had witnessed in the history of Bigg Boss, they were worried about what would happen of them after the show, they worried if Sidharth would answer her calls, or would Shehnaz go back to Punjab. They worried if they would delay their confession and then completely lose each other.

Sidharth and Shehnaz on the other hand, on this Saturday morning, laid in their bed, he held her in his arms and listened to her talk. The night before had taken a toll on him. The mere thought of being here, or being, existing without her presence in and around him, it left him mortified. It left him fearful. He wondered why the prank was played, he wondered what was going on with the creatives, they had stopped meddling with Sidharth and Shehnaz, he was happy about it, he was happy about the peace they were in but his stomach churned. There was something wrong, something so incredibly wrong. He looked down at his wife who fidgeted with the small neck of his t-shirt and continued to speak about everything she could think of. He never wanted to let her out of his arms, he wanted to hold her close and save her from every nomination so that he could walk out the house with her by his side.

"Baby." He whispered, cutting her off.

"Hmm?" She looked up at him.

"I love you." He mumbled, kissing her nose. The excited smiled on her face softened completely.

"I love you." She whispered back, kissing his chin.

"Kya hua?" She asked him, when she saw his face.

"Pata nahi. Ajeeb sa lag raha hain." He mumbled. She sat up and cupped his face in her hand, she could somehow sense the anxiety in him, she would be lying if she said that she didn't feel it too.

"Kuch nahi hoga hume Sidharth." She said, turning to face him and leaned over her stomach to her side.

"I know I know. I'm being stupid. Pata nahi kyun aisa lag raha hain. Lekin jab tak saath hain, we'll be okay." He said, grabbing her hand that rested on is chest and kissed it softly.

"Iss baat ki yakeen mujhe bohot bohot pehele ho hogayi thi Sidharth. Tu hain toh sab theek hi hoga." She told him.

"Hmm?" He smiled.

"Haan." She kissed his cheek.

"Kyun?" He asked.

"Kyunki tu mujhe zaroorat se zyada protect karke rakhta hain." She said.

"Humesha rakhunga. Zaroorat naa ho toh bhi rakhunga." He promised her.

"Tujhe pata hain? Main kissi se bhi lad sakti hoon, lekin jab gharwalonki baat yah phir family ki baat aati hain to mujhe zorr se bolne ke liye bhi problem hoti hain, shayad issiliye mamaji aur maamiji ne aisa treat kiya mujhe. Tab toh Baaz bhi chota tha, main toh bas yehi pray kAnita thi ki mamma aur papa usko bhi naa bhej de naan ke ghar. Main soch bhi nahi sakti usko aise kaam karte hue, bina ghar se bahar jaaye, khaana time pe nahi khaate hue. Usko inaa saara khaana chahiye hota tha. Jab woh mere saath rehene aaya, main itni khush hogayi thi ki poora fridge bhar deti thi khaane ke saath uske liye. Jab hum peheli baar gaye the na Punjab aur mama maami aaye the, peheli baar kissine mere liye bola. Main kabhi nahi bol payi, family the, unke ghar rehti thi. Tab se mujhe aise lagti tha ki kuch bhi ho, musibaat nahi aayegi aur aayegi toh bhi tu khada hojayega mere saath aur mujhe kuch nahi hoga." She said, kissing his hand.

"Uske baarein mein soch ke aaj bhi khoon khaulta hain." He seethed, closing his eyes.

"Mera nahi. Kyunki bohot kuch solve hogaya tha uss dinn ko. Ab unn sab se baat nahi karte lekin khundas bhi nahi hain." She said.